Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with a newly potty trained toddler

Options
  • 26-06-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I have been training my 2 year 9 month old for past fortnight and it has gone really well no accidents since day 2 asks for potty herself and her nappy is even dry at night.

My question is we are flying on holidays next week a 2 and a half hour flight and I am not sure how to approach it. Should I put some pull ups on her just in case she needs to go during take off or landing or should I just bring my potty onto plane and hope for the best. I am worried that putting the pull ups will set her back but also worried if I don't she could have an accident on the plane not pleasant for anybody!

Second question is how long do you leave it till you approach using the toilet not the potty. She loves flushing her wees etc down the toilet I just wondered was it too soon. I thought it would be handy if she could use toilet on our holiday especially in restaurants etc

Any advice greatly appreciated it is my first time travelling with her and her sister who is 21months so we are stressing a little about it !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I was in this position on several occassions! Put the pull ups on, you won't need the stress. You could always try putting their knickers over the pull ups whilst they are travelling to keep them in that frame of mind. My dd's potty training was not set back by this. When I got to my location it was back to the potty again.

You may find however that they may have little steps back in the potty training anyway- most do, all part of the joys!! lol

Enjoy your hols

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

would keep in pull ups too, just say it's a special nappypants for the plane only.

Advertisement