Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I say no to all of these

Except I have the new civic and think it's cool... But it's new ! New model and so on and not scumbaggy in anyway !

no, i think honda redesigned the new looking civic hatch to make it look extra stupid if you did anything to it. the triangle exhaust holes dont allow for big noisy exhausts, theres nowhere to really put a massive spoiler, yellow JDM lights arent an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

if you consider wearing a tracksuit to court acceptable
    if you dont think heroin is a bad descision
    if you tuck your tracksuit into your socks
    if you consider argos 'high class'
    if you regularly visit cash converters
    if you live in a council house and have kids to get more money off the social
    if you go straight from the dole office to the pub or bookies
    if you buy hash instead of weed
    if you play music from your phone on the back of a bus
    if you think 21s or Q-Bar good nightclubs
    if you think a boxy starlet or 1.4 civic hatchbacks are cool cars
    if you have ever said "what are you lookin at" to somebody
    if you have ever started on somebody in a pub just because your drunk
    if you have a bunch of kids by different dads you dont talk to anymore
    if your still with your kids da even though hes in prison for something drug, theft or violence related.
    if you think going to the shops in your pyjamas is acceptable
    if you think massive hoop ear-rings look nice

answered yes to any of these questions ? then your a scumbag

what a dik head - i think you may need to educate yourself on the working class of this society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I say no to all of these

Except I have the new civic and think it's cool... But it's new ! New model and so on and not scumbaggy in anyway !

no, i think honda redesigned the new looking civic hatch to make it look extra stupid if you did anything to it. the triangle exhaust holes dont allow for big noisy exhausts, theres nowhere to really put a massive spoiler, yellow JDM lights arent an option

I didn't do anything to it and will not in the future... Everything is factory basic !

Am I a scumbag for owning a old grannies car ? Cos that's all I see drive it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

john47832 wrote: »
    what a dik head - i think you may need to educate yourself on the working class of this society

Your the one associating those terms with the working class!

He didn't mention anything to do with that and i'm pretty sure you've insulted some "working class" people on here by assuming thats the social class he meant.

A scumbag to me is someone who has no respect for other people or the environment around them.

Also to anyone who wears pyjamas outside of their house - YOU LOOK LIKE A LAZY BOLLOX WHO DOESN'T DO A TAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Seems educated enough to me.

Care to elaborate? I'm not sure about what you're trying to say.

• Advertisement

wild_cat wrote: »
    Also to anyone who wears pyjamas outside of their house - YOU LOOK LIKE A LAZY BOLLOX WHO DOESN'T DO A TAP!

did that come as a bit of late inspiration - or just another tough guy typist?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I didn't do anything to it and will not in the future... Everything is factory basic !

Am I a scumbag for owning a old grannies car ? Cos that's all I see drive it !

nope your grand then

did that come as a bit of late inspiration - or just another tough guy typist?

Get out of those pyjamas its not time for bed yet.

Get out of those pyjamas its not time for bed yet.

Apologies - at first glance I assumed you were a biggot, now I see you are just a child

Apologies - at first glance I assumed you were a biggot, now I see you are just a child

Its better than being scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

john47832 banned for 3 days. Abuse, attack the post, not the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Its better than being scum.

A Biggot is scum as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Daegerty wrote: »
    Such a popular topic round here but is it all a bit overblown? Just trying to find out how much these "scumbags" really affect a person's life.

There are scumbags everywhere but I've had very little trouble from them. The last time they actually bothered me must have been about 3 years ago but I got over that.

Last week my car was robbed the night before i was due to drop my son home so i had to get my father to drop him over tallaght-coolock,after that i was asked to pay 350 for the car to be brought home as it wasnt driving but because aviva dont pay fee's upfront and the car was only worth about 700 i gave it to the garda,so then i had to get a loan of money from family members and ask for more lifts to look at cars and buy 1....so yeh scumbags are scum who ruin peoples lives for the sake of a ipod yes thats all they took an old ipod from my car.

lastlaugh wrote: »
    A Biggot is scum as far as I'm concerned.

How does that make me a bigot... being raised properly does not make me a bigot and I will not apologise for what I am saying.

Those people are not the working class. Working class people are decent the people described are scum. We wouldn't have as much trouble as we do if people stopped making excuses for scum bags.

Its not my fault if your were brought up thinking that's decent and the norm. Its not.

How does that make me a bigot... being raised properly does not make me a bigot and I will not apologise for what I am saying.

Those people are not the working class. Working class people are decent the people described are scum. We wouldn't have as much trouble as we do if people stopped making excuses for scum bags.

Its not my fault if your were brought up thinking that's decent and the norm. Its not.

I'm not saying you are a bigot.

I'm merely pointing out that I consider a bigot to be scum.

lastlaugh wrote: »
    I'm not saying you are a bigot.

I'm merely pointing out that I consider a bigot to be scum.

Bigots are scum.

Religious bigots.

Now there is a group of people I hate more than any pyjama wearing rabbit breeding "you startin" hands on the balls scummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't see what being a scumbag has to do with social class. A scumbag, to me, has always been someone who's anti-social to an extreme extent, usually seeking confrontations of different sorts. But I see that happen across the social spectrum. It's sad that the overt snobbery which came along with the Celtic Tiger (it had always existed under the surface) still remains. I really don't understand why people focus on the anti-social actions of the underprivileged underclasses, and not the anti-social actions of all people. Some people argue that they're targetting the actions, not the people, but then contradict themselves by focusing on things like the way people speak and dress. Unfortunately there's a lot of snobbery in this country, going each way.

Some scumbaggy things I don't like:

Getting belligerent with people while intoxicated, often to the extent of violence.

Arguing loudly in the middle of the city (usually Dublin).

Driving dangerously fast.

Driving an expensive "executive" car which gives you a sense of entitlement, causing you to not indicate at turns, cut people off and run red lights at busy dangerous junctions while laughing at the people you almost run over.

Child neglect.

Harassing people and destroying property during Rag Week.

Treating people in service positions as beneath you, to the point of verbal abuse.

Deliberately ringing the doorbells of the elderly at 3am then running away.

Dealing drugs to those you know are addicted to them and being harmed by them.

Knowingly causing great harm to numbers of people through political or financial mismanagement, inaction or corruption.

Discriminating against people based on their social level, or on surface details which are presumed to be indicators of social level.

I've witnessed all of the above firsthand and consider them the actions of scumbags. Some are associated with certain social classes, others are common among all classes in this country.
    Why focus on just a small number of such actions?

I don't see what being a scumbag has to do with social class. A scumbag, to me, has always been someone who's anti-social to an extreme extent, usually seeking confrontations of different sorts. But I see that happen across the social spectrum. It's sad that the overt snobbery which came along with the Celtic Tiger (it had always existed under the surface) still remains. I really don't understand why people focus on the anti-social actions of the underprivileged underclasses, and not the anti-social actions of all people. Some people argue that they're targetting the actions, not the people, but then contradict themselves by focusing on things like the way people speak and dress. Unfortunately there's a lot of snobbery in this country, going each way.

Some scumbaggy things I don't like:

Getting belligerent with people while intoxicated, often to the extent of violence.

Arguing loudly in the middle of the city (usually Dublin).

Driving dangerously fast.

Driving an expensive "executive" car which gives you a sense of entitlement, causing you to not indicate at turns, cut people off and run red lights at busy dangerous junctions while laughing at the people you almost run over.

Child neglect.

Harassing people and destroying property during Rag Week.

Treating people in service positions as beneath you, to the point of verbal abuse.

Deliberately ringing the doorbells of the elderly at 3am then running away.

Dealing drugs to those you know are addicted to them and being harmed by them.

Knowingly causing great harm to numbers of people through political or financial mismanagement, inaction or corruption.

Discriminating against people based on their social level, or on surface details which are presumed to be indicators of social level.

I've witnessed all of the above firsthand and consider them the actions of scumbags. Some are associated with certain social classes, others are common among all classes in this country.
    Why focus on just a small number of such actions?

Here here, there are lots of 'scumbags', from all social classes.

There is also a lot of middle class snobbery around which I find more distainful than flabby lazy teenagers wearing pyjamas to Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

As rest said,scumbags can come from all walks,we had few high profile court cases on drunken assaults down through the years involving yuppies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Jesus if theres one thing that wrecks my head its snobbery...which this thread reeks of!!..how can people class others as scumbags for wearin jerseys or tracksuits, its a f*uckin joke!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Bigots are scum.

Religious bigots.

They're still not as bad as the other crowd that we see a lot of in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

pmcmahon wrote: »
    fanny packs

Bum bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Scumbags are a result of ineffective community policing a non existant sterilization programme

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

marcsignal wrote: »
    FYP

What you on about? I just brought in 100 needles to have them sterilised for free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Daegerty wrote: »
    What you on about? I just brought in 100 needles to have them sterilised for free

:D good one !

seriously though, bad parenting is really what i meant. 'monkey see monkey do', if you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

They're known as the sub class in Britain, you know the ones who wear tracksuits and hoodies and scowl at everybody with an angry expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Seems educated enough to me.

Care to elaborate? I'm not sure about what you're trying to say.

i would say the point about if you live in a council house your a scumbag, which is utter bullshit.. many people live in council houses because they cant afford to buy their own house, have disabilities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Work in Limerick city centre at weekends, the place is crawling with them, they do as they do like and in the process cause me quite a bit of hassle. Trying to bar them is useless as they keep coming back. Reporting them to the guards is another waste of time. I've worked in four of Ireland's main cities and Limerick is by far the roughest. The lack of gardai on the beat in the city is quite astonishing, i can't actually remember the last time i saw one walk past my workplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I live in Clondalkin and work off Marlborough Street,see lots of so called scumbags every day but they don't really hastle me.

Advertisement