Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Spot the difference :D

p.s. If your posting opinions in an effort to come across as better than others,the least you could do is use correct spellings & grammar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I don't understand why so many are blaming "scum bags" coming from what area (social class) they live in. I was brought up in a council estate that had maybe 5 or 6 "scum bags" that gave the estate a bad name. Thankfully they grew up and moved out.

I am a college graduate who likes to wear jerseys and tracksuits etc. am I a scum bag? I have been working since I am 16 and have only been forced to claim job seekers as a result of this country falling apart, I know many people who were in well respected jobs that claim job seekers to provide for their families, are they scum bags??

I have been in several friends estates and have been looked down at as a result of my clothing, the same people who would see an elderly person struggle (with shopping etc) and not bother to help them.

So all you "working class" people grow up! No matter what area you come from there will always be some kind of hassle!

I'm done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

The thing I dislike most in relation to 'scumbags', is their nature, the gang mentality,all wearing the same outfits,always ready to throw a punch,always targeting those they know can't or wouldn't fight back,going around intimidating people safe in their numbers,each one carrying a weapon and only too willing to use it.Walking around acting like they own the place.

Where I grew up (although not exclusively) there was a very fine line between the local scumbags & the uniformed ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Spot the difference :D

p.s. If your posting opinions in an effort to come across as better than others,the least you could do is use correct spellings & grammar ;)

in all reality damo looks like hes having a lot more craic there , id rather scumbags than stuck up d4 cúnts any day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Last poll option should have been "Scumtari Baguar".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

EarlERizer wrote: »

:pac:

Also, knacker drinking > pretentious club any day.

hear now; attacking somebodys spelling or grammar in a boards argument, makes you a scumbag. u all know im write

their i said it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

How much of Ireland's population is made up of scumbags? There certainly seems to be a large percentage.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    How much of Ireland's population is made up of scumbags? There certainly seems to be a large percentage.

well you have all of cork , donegal, dundalk , and small parts of dublin, and all of celbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

well you have all of cork , donegal, dundalk , and small parts of dublin, and all of celbridge

No scumbags in Donegal, we're nice folk up here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

in all reality damo looks like hes having a lot more craic there , id rather scumbags than stuck up d4 cúnts any day

I wouldn't

Thats like saying I'd rather get my wallet and phone nicked than get a slight headache !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Wearing pyjamas shopping might be ridiculis but it hardly makes someone a scumbag, unless there busy robbing while in there pyjamas!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I find it all rather overblown but I would guess that a lot of the people that most go on about them are a) young b) living in proximity to them which obviously shapes your views.

The only place I can think of that I'm in sustained proximity to madsers is probably the Luas but as long as they don't hassle me, I just try and ignore them.

If you have a real deal that is a revulsion about what certain people wear and how they talk, you need to grow the fuck up to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

cowzerp wrote: »
    Wearing pyjamas shopping might be ridiculis but it hardly makes someone a scumbag, unless there busy robbing while in there pyjamas!

Its typical attire for them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭s20101938

I was brought up in a council estate..... I am a college graduate who likes to wear jerseys and tracksuits etc. am I a scum bag?
    Yes.

That video is funny as fock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Thats all overblown by sensationalist safety obsessed "down with that sort of thing" armchair Joe Duffy callers

Nothing bad ever happens in Donegal. and if it does they are troublemakers from across the border coming in to give the place a bad name

Donegal is lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I don't see what being a scumbag has to do with social class. A scumbag, to me, has always been someone who's anti-social to an extreme extent, usually seeking confrontations of different sorts. But I see that happen across the social spectrum. It's sad that the overt snobbery which came along with the Celtic Tiger (it had always existed under the surface) still remains. I really don't understand why people focus on the anti-social actions of the underprivileged underclasses, and not the anti-social actions of all people. Some people argue that they're targetting the actions, not the people, but then contradict themselves by focusing on things like the way people speak and dress. Unfortunately there's a lot of snobbery in this country, going each way.

Some scumbaggy things I don't like:

Getting belligerent with people while intoxicated, often to the extent of violence.

Arguing loudly in the middle of the city (usually Dublin).

Driving dangerously fast.

Driving an expensive "executive" car which gives you a sense of entitlement, causing you to not indicate at turns, cut people off and run red lights at busy dangerous junctions while laughing at the people you almost run over.

Child neglect.

Harassing people and destroying property during Rag Week.

Treating people in service positions as beneath you, to the point of verbal abuse.

Deliberately ringing the doorbells of the elderly at 3am then running away.

Dealing drugs to those you know are addicted to them and being harmed by them.

Knowingly causing great harm to numbers of people through political or financial mismanagement, inaction or corruption.

Discriminating against people based on their social level, or on surface details which are presumed to be indicators of social level.

I've witnessed all of the above firsthand and consider them the actions of scumbags. Some are associated with certain social classes, others are common among all classes in this country.
    Why focus on just a small number of such actions?

Well said.

Also, littering is a scummy thing to do. That's one thing that really bugs me. It's also something scummy that spans all the 'social classes'.

In particular, adults littering is disgusting. You can almost understand that when young kids do it, they know no better. Older kids should know better. But adults definitely do know better. Not only are they setting a terrible example for kids around them, they're destroying the environment as well as the pride that people take in their surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ders nooo faaacillllllllllllllitieeees maaannnnnnnn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

listermint wrote: »
    ders nooo faaacillllllllllllllitieeees maaannnnnnnn

Its "Fuss Illities", bro

• Advertisement

s20101938 wrote: »
    Yes.

That video is funny as fock.
    Won't even bother with a response to troll replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

if you consider wearing a tracksuit to court acceptable
    if you dont think heroin is a bad descision
    if you tuck your tracksuit into your socks
    if you consider argos 'high class'
    if you regularly visit cash converters
    if you live in a council house and have kids to get more money off the social
    if you go straight from the dole office to the pub or bookies
    if you buy hash instead of weed
    if you play music from your phone on the back of a bus
    if you think 21s or Q-Bar good nightclubs
    if you think a boxy starlet or 1.4 civic hatchbacks are cool cars
    if you have ever said "what are you lookin at" to somebody
    if you have ever started on somebody in a pub just because your drunk
    if you have a bunch of kids by different dads you dont talk to anymore
    if your still with your kids da even though hes in prison for something drug, theft or violence related.
    if you think going to the shops in your pyjamas is acceptable
    if you think massive hoop ear-rings look nice

answered yes to any of these questions ? then your a scumbag

Does this differ from a SKANGER then?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The problem is that there's too many overly vocal bedwetters, who like the vent their frustrations on the internet, rather than actually confronting anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Won't even bother with a response to troll replies
    `
    Too late!

lastlaugh wrote: »
    `
    Too late!
    Ok then a response to his stupidity, better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Well said.

Also, littering is a scummy thing to do. That's one thing that really bugs me. It's also something scummy that spans all the 'social classes'.

In particular, adults littering is disgusting. You can almost understand that when young kids do it, they know no better. Older kids should know better. But adults definitely do know better. Not only are they setting a terrible example for kids around them, they're destroying the environment as well as the pride that people take in their surroundings.

I hate littering too, and you're right, everyone seems to do it. Along with public urination during the daytime without bothering to find a secluded alley, it seems to be becoming more common and crosses all social boundaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Ok then a response to his stupidity, better?

No need to get so shirty about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The problem is that there's too many overly vocal bedwetters, who like the vent their frustrations on the internet, rather than actually confronting anyone.

The need for adequate security on the Luas and in city centre areas is becoming overwhelming as the more students that get slapped/taunted/emasculated in front of their mots, the more we see an exponential upsurge in scumbag threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I knew people from a bit of a rundown area, the people who lived in the house were nice, but undesirable hung around the house. They drank outside the wall of the peoples house, threw cans into their front garden and often called to their front door asking for a light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Last week my car was robbed the night before i was due to drop my son home so i had to get my father to drop him over tallaght-coolock,after that i was asked to pay 350 for the car to be brought home as it wasnt driving but because aviva dont pay fee's upfront and the car was only worth about 700 i gave it to the garda,so then i had to get a loan of money from family members and ask for more lifts to look at cars and buy 1....so yeh scumbags are scum who ruin peoples lives for the sake of a ipod yes thats all they took an old ipod from my car.

Man sorry to hear that! Pain in the tits for nothing at all!

I completly agree with scumbags ruining a life.
    Last sat night, I was walking home from a mates at 4am(I live in a **** hole area) he only lives around the corner from me. Now keep in mind, I was not drunk or on anything, only had 3 pints over the whole night.

So as I walked home I lit a smoke up and saw a fella (maybe 20years old) with his girlfriend walking towards me, they where having a fight over something/nothing, but when they past me the fella asked me for a smoke, I said no, then he asked for a drag (eww) I said no again, next think I know I'm being punched in the face and his gf is pulling him off me I get up and say wtf man! he starts running after me shouting I'll ****in dance on your head and all this! I was in shock tbh, all over a fcuking smoke!

So now in work I have a big shiner and I'm really embarrassed over it and I'm sure he forgot about me 5 mins later and prob beat the **** out of his 19 year old girlfriend when they got home.

Needless to say I am moving out of this area in the next two weeks, thank christ.

Advertisement