Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door

• 26-06-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I need to replace my front door but have no idea where to look or how much it will cost. Anyone got any recommendations or advice?

I'm not too bothered whether it is wood or uPVC but budget is a big issue!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

sept09baby wrote: »
    I need to replace my front door but have no idea where to look or how much it will cost. Anyone got any recommendations or advice?

I'm not too bothered whether it is wood or uPVC but budget is a big issue!

The Yellow Pages is still a great search engine for that kind of thing. The paper version that is..

I'd go for wood myself. It would appear that the flexibility of PVC front doors makes levering them open something of a doddle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

High strength and thermal composite front georgian door.

Profile Developments in Limerick supplied it

Or brand new UPVC doors for sale on Donedeal.

I got a new UPVC door for my garage for 300 euro off a door/window retailer for 300 euro.That was 5 months ago now.

He still advertizes on Donedeal and has his place in Straffan in Killdare.

Good make of door and excellect fit too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'd go for wood myself. It would appear that the flexibility of PVC front doors makes levering them open something of a doddle.

The steel inserted into the frame, the newer multi-point locking systems, and higher quality hinges make more modern PVC doors extremely durable rigid, and most importantly, secure.

I'd recommend asking a few different suppliers (timber, pvc, composite) for prices and specifications, that way you can directly compare your options.

Incidentally, pvc door wont need much maintenance (a wipe with a cloth every so often)

Advertisement