Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi, I got film developed in boots but all are blurry

• 26-06-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a mini Diana for my birthday back in April and since then I've used 2 rolls of 36exposure on it. I dropped them into Boots to be processed (only onto a Cd) and when I got them back almost all were blurred. Now the thing is on the little print out they give you where there are small thumbnails of the shots you've taken all are in focus. I examined these with a magnifying glass to make sure.
    I'm by no means any use at photography and generally just use a digital camera but I'm wondering is it possible that Boots messed up and the shots are good? Should I see about getting them developed as prints to make sure.
    Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The shots themselves are most likely blurred. Post a few up here. The thumbnails are too small to make any qualitative judgements, and besides that contact sheet is printed from the same scans as on the CD.
    I've never used the mini so I don't know what the focusing accuracy is, but is it possible you had it set to it's closest focus distance or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Neh that sounds like something the Diana would do alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

The Diana mini can be quite blurry when used on the B setting. You'll need to use it on B indoors mostly but shots will be somewhat blurry. That's why I mainly use my mini outside in decent light set on N. I don't mind a bit of blur personally, and to an extent, blur always happens to a degree. I feel I get sharper results from the Holga so maybe try one of those cameras in the future.

Get the negatives put on cd if you still question the quality of the prints but like everyone else said, the shots themselves are probably blurry due to the setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

Thanks for the replies people. I'll pay more attention to my settings when taking photos and accept the mini Diana might not be all its cracked up to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

If you did set it to B mode then surely you used a tripod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As someone who works in a lab I can guarantee that none of the equipment we use is capable of making sharp prints come out blurry. I've seen dirty prints, creased prints, colour balance off and god knows how many other defects over the years but never blurry prints unless the source files/negs are blurry.

The diana is a toy camera, it's designed to give weird inconsistent prints.

Advertisement