Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita query.

Options
  • 26-06-2011 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

If I import the Vita from America, what problems would I face with my European account and things like that. Im not worried about the cost I just want it for christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if its region free, there'll be no problems (whispers that it will be)

if its not region free, you wont be able to play games you buy in europe on it

regarding your psn account etc, youll have no issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Nollog

The only problems will be 3G supplier (any irish data plan should work) and the charger.
    One thing good about Sony is they treat the world like a global market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The only problems will be 3G supplier

thats not an issue if you just get the wifi model for €50 less though

if you REALLY want to use 3g just teather it to your smart phone and use it that way, saving youself the extra money for an additional data plan and the €50 for the 3g model

cant understand why anyone gets a 3g model in anything when teathering to your phone's 3g is so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

When we spoke to Michael Denny (senior VP at SCE) at E3, he said the Vita would be region free :)

Seems you're in luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The charger isn't a problem. Either use the USB wire it comes with to charge off laptop, ps3, tv or buy a cheap usa to eu travel adaptor off e-bay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Yeah, im definitely not getting the3G model. So lets hope it is region free for definite. Thanks for the answers lads.

Advertisement