Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good cheap place to get passport photos in town?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

:)

Need a new passport, need 4 passport photos. Believe they have to be in black and white these days. Anyone know a good cheap spot to get them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most chemists will do them for about six or seven euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I haven't heard about any requirement for them to be black and white. Where did you hear this?

'Good' and 'cheap' don't often go together. Camera Exchange on George's St charge €7.50 for 4, and they will do a good job - retake until you are happy with the photo, and ensure it meets the requirements.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Epassportphoto.com
    Take them yourself. Size them on that website and stick on usb or phone and print from any print kiosk for 50cent or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

There is a photo booth in the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Twenty10 wrote: »
    There is a photo booth in the passport office.
    It now costs €15 extra to submit your application over the counter, afaik. Post Office is cheaper than that, and maybe quicker....

There is a big backlog at the moment, and they are not guaranteeing the ten working day turnaround on the An Post service. Apply very early!

Also, ensure that you have the latest application form! Garda stations had the old (wrong) form until recently (some may still have it).

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I paid €6.50 for 4 passport photos in Dublin 3 last week. They were the standard ones... Must send in the application this week. I will let you know if i have any difficulties! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MyAmber.net

I had my done in Omni Shopping Center - there is a photography studio there.
    I don't remember the price, but it was cheap and very good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 292Lauren

I got mine taken in Photogogo on Abbey Street. It's at the back of Jervis shopping centre and painted green, can't miss it! Photo were taken in a studio and cost me €9 for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

got mine done in hickeys pharmacy henry street for six euro

also a booth in penneys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement