Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average percentage of house deposits in Dublin?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am going to speak to a mortgage broker / advisor soon to see if I have any hope of ever getting a mortgage. What percentage are deposits currently at? Is it 20% or higher?

Could afford a modest mortage monthly payment but the deposit is going to be problematic.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sleuthy wrote: »
    I am going to speak to a mortgage broker / advisor soon to see if I have any hope of ever getting a mortgage. What percentage are deposits currently at? Is it 20% or higher?

Could afford a modest mortage monthly payment but the deposit is going to be problematic.....

Maybe better off asking in Banking & Insurance forum

Not too sure what the actual % is. But it's nearly got to the point that you need to proof that you all have the money for the house before they'll loan you any money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

best to try have at least 20%, it will definitely increase your chance of getting a mortgage, and you usually get a better variable rate than someone with an LTV (loan to value) above 80%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

10% with kbc bank. More importantly, are you well able to pay the mortgage payments? If so, you should have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yes some banks will give 90%, but I wouldnt recommend it unless you feel your job is 100% secure.

with a 90% loan it's highly likely that you'll be sitting in negative equity at some stage within the next few years, and if worst case scenario you were to lose your job during that period, the **** would hit the fan.

if you're not quite there with the deposit, then wait another year, you won't "miss the boat" price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement