Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Calls

Options
  • 26-06-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I hope this is the correct place to post this, couldn't find anywhere more suitable upon my search.

I have recently been receiving calls from an Irish mobile number in the evening, when I answer it there is a strange shuffling noise, at first I thought it was an accidental call, maybe a phone keypad was unlocked in a bag and happened to call me from a contact list, though obviously that isn't the case now.

I'm guessing that I'm being called via some sort of automated system, though I can't see the point of an automatic calling system which calls you up, makes it's number available and does nothing else.

Perhaps the scam would be in me trying to return the call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I made the mistake before of calling an Irish mobile number and being charged quite a bit for it.

Give your service provider a ring and ask them what the story is with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

are you receiving these calls on your landline or mobile?

I ask because if you are receiving them on your landline it is sometimes caused by someone texting a landline, if your landline is not setup to receive texts then your phone will ring , however the cli is normally displayed as 0818 365 xxxx if I recall correctly

I ask because if you are receiving them on your landline it is sometimes caused by someone texting a landline, if your landline is not setup to receive texts then your phone will ring , however the cli is normally displayed as 0818 365 xxxx if I recall correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carvaggio

No it's going to my mobile. The number itself is pretty typical ie. 35387xxxxxxx, I'll be giving my service provider a ring tomorrow about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Got 2 calls today to my mobile from 0016566801. 3 rings and then stops. As I thought the no.was a foreign one I answered the 2nd call but no-one there. Did not call back as I feared being hit with a big charge:eek: Cab anyone throw any light on this?

• Advertisement

it's bord gais (with a screwed up cli)

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/353016566801

Advertisement