Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO animal thingies?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I remember reading an article years ago about this phenomenon where a very fast object would streak by frames in videos. They were caught on camera and photographed all over the place and seemed quite common. They moved so fast and weren't too big. The article said it was possible that it could be a yet unidentified animal. I'm curious again so I want to do a bit more reading about it but I can't find any more info. I've tried google but I don't know what to search for tbh. I've tried the usual ufo stuff but I can't find anything. Does anyone here remember seeing videos or articles about these ufo's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

google rods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

QuadLeo wrote: »
    I remember reading an article years ago about this phenomenon where a very fast object would streak by frames in videos. They were caught on camera and photographed all over the place and seemed quite common. They moved so fast and weren't too big. The article said it was possible that it could be a yet unidentified animal. I'm curious again so I want to do a bit more reading about it but I can't find any more info. I've tried google but I don't know what to search for tbh. I've tried the usual ufo stuff but I can't find anything. Does anyone here remember seeing videos or articles about these ufo's?

i think it might be 'roswell rods' your thinking off.
    biggest load of horse **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Cheers, I'll try that
    i think it might be 'roswell rods' your thinking off.
    biggest load of horse **** though.

Oh yea? I'm skeptical at the best of times. Is it a complete farce or is there anything behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i dont remember hearing about that but ill be keeping an eye on this thread....very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

insects + camera shutter speeds = rods. nothing paranormal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Yea, already I'm seeing a lot of reports saying it's an effect caused by shutter speed + insects wingbeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I remember they were only picked up by high speed cameras, they seemed to be long helical things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

DanWall wrote: »
    I remember they were only picked up by high speed cameras, they seemed to be long helical things

the insects?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

google rods

Don't try that with the safe search off. So many rods ......:o

Yeah its Moths . Funny one really .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Riamfada wrote: »
    Don't try that with the safe search off. So many rods ......:o
    With your Zapp Brannigan avatar, this is even funnier :D

=-=

They're called skyfish. Lots more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyfish

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

That was a theory that floated around for a few years, but I have not seen anything on the subject probably since the late 1990's. I just thought that better high speed photography made the animal theory harder to prove, but it could also be that like a lot of trends in the para-normal field it just sorted of faded away.

Advertisement