Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hat/Fascinator rental Mayo

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Mayo or Galway that hires out hats fascinators etc??
    I have 9 weddings between now & January, & its the same crowd at nearly all of them so buying would be a waste, Im a wear-them-once kinda gal!! Any replies appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

C-J wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Mayo or Galway that hires out hats fascinators etc??
    I have 9 weddings between now & January, & its the same crowd at nearly all of them so buying would be a waste, Im a wear-them-once kinda gal!! Any replies appreciated!!

did a bit of googling for you :)
    http://www.hatshop.ie/index.php?cPath=4
    Our prices to purchase range from €25 to €1,000. Our rental pieces range from €25 to €150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

hopefully thats the type of thing you are looking for... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

My partner bought here. She said it worked out as cheap as renting and got them made exactly to match outfits.
    http://www.aislingahern.com

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

A friend of mine gets her fascinators made by TJ Quinn in Petals & Buds (florist) in Ballinrobe. They match them to the dress. She said they were very reasonably priced.

You could get one made and get it slightly adjusted to suit each outfit.

I'd be wary of buying hats in Galway in the run up to the races. Prices go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Pardon my ignorance but the guy in Ballinrobe, does he make the fascinators out of flowers or is it on the side he does it?? Id feel like an eejit going into a florist!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

C-J wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but the guy in Ballinrobe, does he make the fascinators out of flowers or is it on the side he does it?? Id feel like an eejit going into a florist!! :P
    He makes them with all the usual feathers and bits and pieces. Although I'm sure he could put a flower in it if you wanted, lol. She got hers for between €20 - €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    A friend of mine gets her fascinators made by TJ Quinn in Petals & Buds (florist) in Ballinrobe. They match them to the dress. She said they were very reasonably priced.

You could get one made and get it slightly adjusted to suit each outfit.

I'd be wary of buying hats in Galway in the run up to the races. Prices go up.

I can highly recommend his work. Attended a wedding in Westport lately and both mothers and several guests were wearing his pieces. All fab and completely different, one off pieces. Very reasonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JulietJones

Yes TJ Quinn does great stuff. And like the previous poster said will match things up to the dress really well. Also in Ballinrobe, just around the corner from Petals and Buds is Dee Biggins shop and she rents out fascinators. She has a face book page- think it's deebigginsshop. There were pics of the fascinators posted up a couple of weeks ago and there was a great selection.

Advertisement