Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatty, fat, fat, fat.

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Im starting to log in the hope that I stick to it this time. Im unfit and overweight. I have plenty of opportunities to train but seem to be in an endless cycle of training and losing weight and finding excuses to stop as soon as I see some progress.

I train a few times a week but can never seem to get below the 14 stone mark. My poor diet and lazy attitude are my real demons. Those nasty "love handles" have to go!

Starting Stats

Height: 5 ft 7
    Weight: (will weight in the nip in the morning to be consistant) but roughly 90.2kg
    BMI: 31 :(
    Circumfrance: 112cm (measured around belly button, a bit bloated tonight though)
    Goals: To lose at least a stone and eat healthier and be Mr. Midget Universe 2012.

I plan to cycle to work as much as I can. I have access to 2 x circuit training and 1 x spinning class a week and personal trainers and a gym in work. I have started to go to my local gym in the evenings and I play 1hr of astro a week. I am also considering joining ECB as an added extra.

I have calculated my RMR (Thanks G'em). I need 2883 Cals a day (not including daily exercise expendature).

Im clueless about supplements but as a start will be taking one Thermabol and one Centrum tablet a day.

Im not looking for a quick fix or to start a crazy grass only diet. I will hopefully be losing weight with a combination of healthy eating, exercise and a calorie deficit.

I am open to helpful criticisim, tips, tricks, advice and experience.

Cheers.....fingeys crossed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ok Day 1

Monday 27th.

12 Mile cycle to work - 53 Mins 42 secs
    2 Mile run at lunch - 16 Mins 55 Secs :(
    !2 Mile cycle home - 46 Mins 36 Secs

Heading to the gym later for some free weights.

Day 2 Tuesday 28th

1 hr Circuit training in work

and

1 hr of astro tonight.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz tired zzzzzzzzzzZ

Wednesday 29th

2.8 miles - 26 mins 42 secs.

Gym

Thursday 30th

1 hr of Ciruits

Friday 01st July

2 mile run 16.43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

There's an old saying "you can't out train a bad diet" and I hate to admit it it's true :mad:.

I'm the same gender/age/height as you and I know if I eat more than about 2000cals on my non-training days I'll gain weight.
    My only other tip would be to build as much muscle as you can (so you can eat more).
    Best of luck with the log and keep plugging away and you'll get there.

There's an old saying "the longest journeys start with a single step" :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sunssocks

Eat the same amount, but learn reducing sugar. especially in drinks and avoid fruit drinks and all fructose. fructose is changed in the liver to fat!!!! automatically.

Just one trick that makes your weight go down. eat for 3 days NO bread, NO rice, NO pasta. NO potatoes, NOTHING with sugar. JUST meat, cheese, milk, vegetables, fish, only little bit fruit (because they have sugar).

Then your body starts converting fat into blood sugar. this makes your shrink. and it is healthy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement