Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Vault in BOI/AIB

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

All,

Is there any BOI/AIB branch in dublin offer safe vault?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Doubt it!

Not really a service banks want to offer anymore (no money in it)

Unless you want to store the winning lotto ticket until Monday and they can help you invest it :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Most of them have safekeeping facilities but they're only available to existing users, they no longer take in new safekeeping packages/boxes.

The main reason for this is lack of space in branches. I know in the branch where I work there's loads of safe keeping that hasn't been touched for years. We recently wrote to all safe keeping holders to basically remind them that it was there, and the amount of responses that we got from solicitors because the holders had died was unreal. A lot of the cases were when the estate had already been divided up years ago and nobody had any idea that the person had had a safe keeping box. Over half the letters we sent out went unanswered, so I reckon a lot of the holders are deceased, and the bank isn't allowed to throw the safe keeping out or destroy it after 'x' number of years so basically they're stuck with these boxes of stuff that may never be claimed!

Do you mind me asking what sort of things you're looking to put in safe keeping? We might be able to point you in the direction of an alternative.

Advertisement