Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bull taste-a-likes?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I like the odd RB occasionally but have never tried another brand.
    What other brand has a similar taste?
    I'd rather get some recommendations than buying lots of various cans only to find out there crap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I like the odd RB occasionally but have never tried another brand.
    What other brand has a similar taste?
    I'd rather get some recommendations than buying lots of various cans only to find out there crap.

Shark
    Tesco do a version too, Kick, it comes in a Litre and all the truck drivers live on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

bedlam wrote: »
    It's called KX, or at least the 250ml can (€0.79) is. Spar do Bluebear for €0.99 per 250ml original, sugar free and cranberry, the first two being quite similar (if not the same) to KX in taste. If I was to buy any, KX or bluebear would be my preference over RedBull.

I was thinking of Kick, recorrected my first post.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Kick_Stimulation_Drink__5335285

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I like Boost..99c per can but I haven't had it in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Monster anyone. still havent gone near it. was told i have to try it. better than RB.?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Monster anyone. still havent gone near it. was told i have to try it. better than RB.?

I love the green monster, their a bit expensive tough if i remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Green and blue monster are very nice, they're expensive enough, usually €1.99 for a 500ml can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Used to love red bull until i tasted boost, way cheaper and so much tastier, had a red bull today and realised it actually tastes of wee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

I usually buy the Kx brand (Tesco), you can pick it up pretty cheap versus Red Bull. To be honest I don't really notice the taste difference but it wouldn't be something I would drink very regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Great, thanks guys. I'll try those brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Lidl's
    Mixed up (yellow can)
    24 cans works out at around €12
    its the best ive tasted and one of the cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

There's that Burn stuff you sometimes get in pubs instead of RB. Pure muck in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Lidl's
    Mixed up (yellow can)
    24 cans works out at around €12
    its the best ive tasted and one of the cheapest.

I agree so cheap and has a nice taste not quite Red Bull but near enough.

Advertisement