Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liquid fertilizer

• 26-06-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone used liquid fertilizer on barley ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

would there be much benefit? maybe during this growing season it might give it a stimulant/wake up call.. Are you talking about liquid foliar fert or liquid fert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Unless you use alot!! not worth while, know a guy who has done the sums and between getting tanks in for storage/ extra sprayer costs v benefit didnt add up.. Only can be stored on site for a fairly short period iirc also, so limited in any ' quite time' purchasing also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

Have used it here years and would not be without it, great for magnesium deficiency, has molasses added in so no need for an oil in the spray mix,
    wouldnt worry about the shelf life just get what you need in an ibc, early spring barley will probably be gone a bit late for it now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

aristo wrote: »
    Have used it here years and would not be without it, great for magnesium deficiency, has molasses added in so no need for an oil in the spray mix,
    wouldnt worry about the shelf life just get what you need in an ibc, early spring barley will probably be gone a bit late for it now though.

Where do you buy it aristo?

Do you put it on with an ordinary sprayer??

Breens in Wexford;
    http://www.breenagri.ie/index.html a bit about the liquid fert on the site, crops usually get up to 3 passes but usually 2 from 6L up to 8L /Ha.
    edit; Just added into the spray mix, normal spraying, usually put out 200L/Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Havent come across this before
    Can it be put out on grassland with a quad sprayer and how does it compare to bag can or urea price wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Only use granular, but with the rain we get down here, it's liquid before it leaves the spreader as often as not:confused:

djmc wrote: »
    Havent come across this before
    Can it be put out on grassland with a quad sprayer and how does it compare to bag can or urea price wise

I got enough for the spring back in feb and dont know the price now, a few different types of it, n16, n16+mag, n18, so comparing to can and urea isnt quite like with like, best to give them a call, i dont know who does it up the country

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jollyone

Ever used nutriphyte. 10 lite bucket to 50 acres

nutri-phite? good tack but horrid expensive in Ireland. Maybe I was seen coming but unless I can find a cheaper source I will be using it very sparely. the rate you mention (.5 ltr per/ha) wont be of much use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Jollyone

Would not agree with that rate of much use. I and others feel it is good as a stimulant at that rate. Put in with t1 . The combi top stuff I don't think is great.

Jollyone wrote: »
    Would not agree with that rate of much use. I and others feel it is good as a stimulant at that rate. Put in with t1 . The combi top stuff I don't think is great.

Well if you are not low in Mg,S,Mn or Zn I dont think you will find combitop much use. Personally I find it very good as im low in Mg & S, I also use kieserite so maybe that why i find it good. may I ask what sort of a price you are paying via private message or else who is your supplier of Nutriphite as I was having problems finding many suppliers so couldnt get a decent price. I have never used it on wheat so maybe your rate is okay. Very good on OSR and have used it on maize this year which doesnt look too bad now considering the weather

Advertisement