Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic store?

Options
  • 26-06-2011 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am thinking of going to a comic store in Dublin next weekend but I am kind of nervous because I havent been to one before ( bought online) but I wanted to go to a store maybe meet some likeminded people because I dont have many guy friends! Anyway I was wondering

What stores are good?
    Are girls welcome there?
    Are there teenage guys there or all older or younger?
    Staff friendly?

Cheers for any replies :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Depends on what you're looking for.

Subcity comics is a small shop, with just enough space to walk around the comic cases. It's not a place I would go to try and meet people myself due to the confined size of the shop. However, it is easy to ask the guy who works there if you're looking for something in particular. And they have lots of comics and older ones too.

Forbidden Planet is a big shop, lots of comics downstairs. Most are recent editions. Lots of people who work there can help you, just as helpful as the guy in subcity.
    A bit more space to meet people, but I find that some people who go there aren't there for the comics and are more for the other mechanise.

There is another comic shop in Dublin. Was in Crowe Street and have since moved. No idea as to where.

If I were you, try meeting people through a club or society depending on your age, location and if you're in college or not. I met alot of people through the comic society in Galway and in the subcity shop there (the shop there is easily 2-3times bigger than the Dublin one). I also met alot of people through the guys working there. The same guys seem to be always there working in subcity where as in Forbidden planet never has the same faces twice (in my opinion).
    By getting to know the guys who work there, they can introduce you to other people and will invite you to join in on conversations.

That's my 5cent, hope its helpful to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've never considered using a comic shop as a place to meet people. It's certainly an interesting idea, but I usually find that people aren't that fussed about engaging in conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dublin City Comics is also there and is a lot friendlier than the other two in my expeiriance

Advertisement