Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game fair NI?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Did anyone head to the game fair up the north at the weekend? anyone i was talking to here (co.cavan) reckons its much the same as the other two game fairs in rep.ir later on in the year.. also reports of no great bargains etc..... were any shooting forum boardsies here present? opinions etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Was there yesterday, have to head for work now will stick up a few photos and comments later this evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To be honest i went the last two years and was so disappointed by the entire fair that i decided not to go this year. There was no real firearm stands bar one. The majority seemed to be either food stalls, dog trials or entertainment for the kids.

Would still be a fun family day out, but anyone interested in shooting in any sort of real way it fell short. Alot of the southern and English vendors have been steadily pulling out of the fair due to costs, etc.

Would be interested to see if they improved.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Yap we had a stand at it. Got washed out puting every thing together on Friday night. I think the organisers had to change alot of the layout etc because of the weather etc. Was some good bargains to had i bought a waterproof pair of leather walking boots for £20. First of the southern shows start on the 16th and 17th of July in Ballinlough Co.Westmeath seems like its going to be a pretty good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I was there. It wasn't too bad. I got the bits I wanted. Few things from the gamekeeper stuff man, Jack Pyke Jacket for the ole fella for fifty bucks with a free pair of shooting socks thrown in. Pair of neoprene hunters for him as well for £65. A good book on woodcock for £20. Oh, and a dirty great burger for myself!:D

There wasn't loads at it, but the fair is what you make of it. The different sellers are like minded people and I always have a bit of craic with them on my wanderings, meet with guys I haven't seen since the shooting season. It's a day out really. If you want loads of variety then I'm afraid we need to go accross the water to find it.

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Hi Mallards,

Missed you at the fair. Glad you had a good day. You going to Ballinlough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Sorry I missed you at the fair too Antoennis, I had a good craic with you at the Ballywalter fair. I won't be able to get to the Ballinlough fair as I see that's the weekend I get my pheasant poults and I will be watching them like a hawk so that the hawks don't have to! :D

Mallards

Advertisement