Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare power lines - Small explosions

Options
  • 27-06-2011 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    On my street there is now an exposed power line on the ground. There are occasional small explosions (don't know how else to explain them) and all of the street lighting is going off temporarily. It happened after JCB's were used to clear the place out.

I have been looking at the esb website but I cant find a number for reporting anything like that. Does anyone know where I can get one.

It is pretty safe for now as the area is fenced off. But children could easily get in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Don't know the number myself

Any 24hr numbers on there ?

If not try the gardai ... Atleast you did something !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/home/contact_us.jsp

I think it falls under emergency
    I would also consider it an emergency.

Hope it helps

Yep its the one in the Yellow Box

Emergencies /Electricity Interruptions 24 hour /7day service
    Please call this number to report an emergency or a loss of supply. When you phone us you will be asked to choose one of two options. One of the options is for reporting a loss of supply, while the other option is specifically for emergency calls i.e. for reporting damage to networks though cable dig-ins or dangerous situations such as fallen power lines.

Note: Whenever possible, this service will provide the caller with details of exisitng faults and estimated restoration times. If necessary, the caller can also choose to speak to a customer service agent.

CallSave: 1850 372 999

Note: The 1850 prefix provides a Callsave (Minimum Local Call Rate) service from anywhere in the Republic of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Thank you,
    I have been searching for that number. I think I was on the wrong website.

Better give them a call and wait for them to cut off our power. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Let us know how you get on, update the thread :)

And why didn't the workmen get this sorted before they left the site???
    Fencing it off might be considered enough but as you say, kids can get it and might be in on their way to school tomorrow morning

Bit offtopic but I've seen this before where labourers cut a water mains digging a trench and fecked off home for the weekend and left the council to sort it
    My faith in builders is pretty low

mikemac wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on, update the thread :)

And why didn't the workmen get this sorted before they left the site???
    Fencing it off might be considered enough but as you say, kids can get it and might be in on their way to school tomorrow morning

Its been fenced off the last few months. It wasn't something they just done.

I don't think that they even noticed what they had done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well done for reporting it, the ESB should have a crew out sharpish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dillo2k10,

If you're ever in any doubt as to the safety of a power line/cable, ESB Networks are the people to contact (thanks to shannon_tek for the link).
    mikemac wrote:
    Well done for reporting it, the ESB should have a crew out sharpish

Absolutely - judging from the description, it certainly warranted a call. Many thanks for reporting it. It's no exaggeration to say that conscientious citizens can save lives.

Thanks again,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SeanFx

There is an exposed underground power line in Ballyfermot and there are sparks coming from it, however, I can't call them myself at the moment. I have tried to PM David from ESB but got no reply.

It seems really dangerous as there are a lot of sparks loud noises coming from it.

What should I do in this situation, just hope that someone else reports it???

SeanFx wrote: »
    There is an exposed underground power line in Ballyfermot and there are sparks coming from it, however, I can't call them myself at the moment. I have tried to PM David from ESB but got no reply.

It seems really dangerous as there are a lot of sparks loud noises coming from it.

What should I do in this situation, just hope that someone else reports it???

Did you notice if he was online when you sent it to him?

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Did you notice if he was online when you sent it to him?

He wasn't online when I sent it, but I did see that he was online for about 10 - 15 min after I sent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Ring Networks emergency at 1850372999 if you cant ring post the address and I will ring them, very dangerous stuff

discostu1 wrote: »
    Ring Networks emergency at 1850372999 if you cant ring post the address and I will ring them, very dangerous stuff

PM Sent.

Thanks very much.

Could you let us know what they say.

SeanFx wrote: »
    He wasn't online when I sent it, but I did see that he was online for about 10 - 15 min after I sent it.

Im sure he would have seen it so.

Just in case do you want to send me the details and I will give them a call for ya.

edit: I just seen that someone had already offered to call for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Electric Ireland: Sonia

Hi,

That sounds dangerous! I would suggest ringing ESB Networks asap on 1850372999. This is their emergency number. They usually act fast on these situations. I would advise not to go near any cables or wires as these are live and it would be quite dangerous. If you would like, you can PM me your address and I can call them for you. It is advisable to act on this one fast.

Hope this helps,
    Sonia

Hi,

That sounds dangerous! I would suggest ringing ESB Networks asap on 1850372999. This is their emergency number. They usually act fast on these situations. I would advise not to go near any cables or wires as these are live and it would be quite dangerous. If you would like, you can PM me your address and I can call them for you. It is advisable to act on this one fast.

Hope this helps,
    Sonia

I have sent you the PM. Can you let me know what they say please.

Thanks

Does anyone know how long it should take for them to come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cherie1990

You said that it is in Ballyfermot, is it in Cherry Orchard by any chance.

I was pulled in to talk on the phone this morning, and there were wires sticking up out of the ground with Sparks flying from them.
    I rang the ESB and they said that they would send someone out straight away but they didn't. This was at about 11am.

Yes it was in Cherry Orchard, they have just arrived now.

They have came and gone. They didn't do much, just had a look around and they went off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any reports on fallen lines or exposed wires should go to ESB Networks. You might as well contact Airtricity or BGE as Electric Ireland.

1850 372 999 (1850 ESB 999)

Advertisement