Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC INTERNET CONSTANTLY DISCONNECTING

• 27-06-2011 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I have UPC Internet 15mb Cisco router

In recent months my internet has disconnect for no apparent reason

it either goes off or a yellow warning sign comes up in the bottom right of my screen its says connected , but no internet access and when I diagnose it says no reasons.

so i just have to take my rounter out and back in

any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if it's your wireless losing connection then you can try changing the wireless channel to one that is less congested (download inSSIDer to check what channels are in use nearby).

make sure you have an ethernet cable handy in case you can't get connected after you change the channel (which does sometimes happen) and you can still connect via cable and change it to something else then.

check to see if it's just your wireless losing connection with the router, or if the router is losing connection to the internet, if it's the latter then ring UPC tech support and get them to look at it.

there's really not much you can do about it yourself if the router is physically losing the connection, other than possibly checking the coax cable in the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

Thanks Alot Man will try everything suggested.

i think it's router losing connection with internet because other people in my house have the same problem at the same time obviously with different laptops.

Thanks vibe666

Advertisement