Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imported machines

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

anyone know if colour coding on machinery is supposed to comply with wiring rules?

i've seen 2-core br/bl flex used for 230v limit switches

is this allowed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its probably ok if the wiring stays within the machine. If its a cable coming out of it, then it would be a problem possibly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Its probably ok if the wiring stays within the machine. If its a cable coming out of it, then it would be a problem possibly.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Unless it's changed the ETCI regs are not an issue

I don't have the 4th edition but according to the 3rd edition,
    Chapter 11: Scope

11.5 These rules apply only to the selection, installation and intended use of electrical equipment and assemblies complying with the relevant standards, They do not apply to the internal wiring of equipment or assemblies

But there may be something in the Irish / European Standards ?

EN 60073:1996, Basic and safety principles for man-machine interface, marking and identification-devices and actuators

(I don't have that document either :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

that's the least of the problems-but well spotted in the rules

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

M cebee wrote: »
    that's the least of the problems
    What are the problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

M cebee wrote: »
    that's the least of the problems-but well spotted in the rules

Someone at work asked me a similar question a few years ago, so I knew it was in there somewhere.

Advertisement