Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships Time-Table

• 27-06-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Does anyone know or point me in the right direction to ascertain the arrival time(s) of the Tall Ships in the estuary? My image is of an armada coming into Dunmore East all at around the same time. So I though that with camera in hand I'd be able to get some good shots from there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I'd say the Port of Waterford Company would be able to give you some info - 051 874907

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

They are starting to arrive tomorrow evening (Tue) around high tide, which is 1537hrs for Dunmore East in the tide book, they won't all be coming in at the same time.

I think what you want is the parade of sail, when they'll all be heading off together. D.E. would be a good place but it's going to be bedlam out there so I'd get out early. According to the Tall Ships website they are leaving at 7am on Sunday which is just about high tide in the city.

The Wexford side might also be a good place to get some pictures. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 S_Snail

Here are some ship tracking Websites

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/tallships.phtml

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

A friend of mine is on the Lord Nelson and it is due to dock on Thursday at 6pm but they were asked to arrive on the Wednesday, so you should probably begin to look out for them from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Much obliged! and a big heave-ho & shiver-me-timbers to all my Waterford friends & family. I know it's going to be a huge success and congratulations to all the organisers and those involved.

Advertisement