Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rockshox advice

• 27-06-2011 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

hi all

i currently own a 2008 yeti asr with a new rockshox reba rl fork with poplock. A friend has offered to sell me his freshly serviced 2009 sid that has the poplock feature but the handel bar mechimism is broke for 300 euro. i expect that the bike will spend about 90% of its time in ballyhoura so was wondering what to do. should i go with the sid or stay as i am?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

id stick with reba rl there as far as i know only around 100g more than a sid and really there RL is a good fork,to pay 300 for old fork thats been used and having a new fork thats very close to the sid i think dose not make sence personly to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Enduro

Unless you're a competitive XC racer SIDs are over-delicate junk. They are designed to be race forks, and as a result put a premuim on light weight over everything else. Ideally they should be maintained after each race (effectively after 2 hours of use).

Rebas are far better all-round forks. They are stronger, stiffer and less delicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Pred192

I agree you should stick with the Reba SL. I'm pretty sure it wasn't until 2010 when Rockshox changed the sanctions on the SID to the larger 32mm. Before that they were only good for XC racing because they would bend under heavy weight and rough treatment.

I disagree about the above post saying that you would have to service them constantly. You can go a few years with them running perfect (it's not advised) Fox on the other hand have to be serviced yearly otherwise they fall apart.

Advertisement