Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash partner wanted

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pula

Hello,

Would anyone be interested in a game at the Spawell? Im not pro but not a beginner either, just havent played in a while and would really like to start up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

I d play next week sometime. what suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mungy

I'm interested in playing at Spawell too. I used to play Div 5 league and Saturday league (although that doesn't mean I managed to beat anyone :)

I was thinking it might be good to get a Spawell Saturday league team together but it might be too late to enter one(although its less formal than the leagues organized by Leinster squash, so they might allow it if its done ASAP).

I don't think they have a ladder or anything in Spawell so that might be a good starting point for getting a group of regular players together. Then maybe next season there could be the makings of a team.

Hi mungy, nope Spawell doesn't have a Saturday league or anything, the courts are all done up so it a much place to play compared to last time I played there. I would be interested in a Saturday league, I just found someone my level to play once a week but I'd like the chance to play others too and improve my game.

Hi abceire,

I've enquired to see if it's too late to submit a team ( I think the league starts this weekend though) and also the entrance costs for a team. We would need at least 5 players (8 preferable so we have cover if people cant play).

Either way we should put our email addresses down by the courts so people who play down there can contact each other if they're looking for a game.

• Advertisement

Good idea about the emails mungy, someone with a printer might do up a sheet?
    I've never played any matches at all ever, just played friends and some others at my old gym that had squash courts, but I'd be interested in playing matches.

Just got a reply back about the Saturday league, it starts this weekend so it would be too messy to join at this stage I think.

Once we get an idea who plays out in Spawell then we might organize a round robin league for those interested. I'll try and put a contact sheet up if I'm at the driving range over the weekend

Cheers mungy

Maybe a little something too , to explain why you're looking for contact details, for the non boards folk playing.

abceire, there is now a possibility of entering a league team(another team may be dropping out) and I've found 2 others interested in playing. Should cost around 40 euro a head to register + court fees as well for home games. I will look around and see if I can get enough for a team.

NEED SATURDAY LEAGUE SQUASH PLAYERS ASAP - TO PLAY IN SPAWELL

• Advertisement

Mungy could you outline what a saturday league is? how long does it go on for weeks wise? times it's on? who do we play? how long is a match? it would be great motivation to play regularly, be fun too to get a the two courts during the week and a few players and saw around, I'm too used to playing one person for a few months and then someone else for a few months so I noticed I was slow to learn how to beat new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Merrion1968

I'm a squash beginner and in his mid 30s with low to mid fitness. Is anyone interested playing a few games once a week at Gormanston courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carrie9179

Just wondering if you still play squash at ucd as I would be interested.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CLOSING THIS ONE TOO. HASN'T BEEN ACTIVE FOR 4 YEARS AND YOU'VE POSTED THE SAME THING IN THREE THREADS. DM PEOPLE OR KEEP IT ALL IN THE ONE THREAD I'M LEAVING OPEN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement