Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC Studio Fix Vs Estee Lauder

• 27-06-2011 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I did a search on this but didn't really find the info I was looking for, so hoping to get some reviews here!

I've been using MAC Studio Fix NW15 for the past 2 years, I love the 'flawless' look I get from it - but my problem is that it doesn't last very long! By about 3pm it's starting to get patchy/flaky and coming off. Another thing is that, it feels a bit orange around my jawline sometimes, unless I really really blend it in, which leads me to think it's not really a great match. I've tried NC15 but it just doesn't suit my colouring at all. I've also tried Studio Sculpt but I found the coverage way too light.

I'm really cautious about switching foundations due to the cost - I really don't want to throw €30+ down the drain! But I heard good things about Estee Lauder Doublewear so I went in over the weekend. I told the MUA that I wanted to match my skintone but that I also want a 'flawless' look. She suggested a shade that I thought was a bit dark, can't remember the name of it, and when I said I thought it was too dark she said that most people prefer to 'brighten up' their skintone by going a shade or 2 darker? After trying a few, the one she recommended was 'Fresco' - but even that looked a bit off. I asked her if I could take a sample home to try, but she said she'd just put it on for me and I could decide based on that.

So, she did one half of my face and tbh I wasn't very impressed, you could still see the redness around my cheeks and it didn't really even out my skintone that well. After saying this, she did the other side with a heavier application - which covered alot more but still just didn't look all 'evened out'. When I said this, she said only teenagers go for the completely flawless look and that I shouldn't want to look like I'm wearing a mask Now, I get what she's saying, and that's fair enough, but I'm not saying I want to look like an oompa loompa; I'm looking for a foundation that will match my skintone and also even it out so that it's all the one colour and gives an airbrushed look.

I could just stick with Studio Fix, it's grand and it looks great when you put it on, it's just the reapplying so often that's irritating.

I'm really just wondering if anyone here has tried both/either of these, and what you think/which you prefer?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

G86 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I did a search on this but didn't really find the info I was looking for, so hoping to get some reviews here!

I've been using MAC Studio Fix NW15 for the past 2 years, I love the 'flawless' look I get from it - but my problem is that it doesn't last very long! By about 3pm it's starting to get patchy/flaky and coming off. Another thing is that, it feels a bit orange around my jawline sometimes, unless I really really blend it in, which leads me to think it's not really a great match. I've tried NC15 but it just doesn't suit my colouring at all. I've also tried Studio Sculpt but I found the coverage way too light.

I'm really cautious about switching foundations due to the cost - I really don't want to throw €30+ down the drain! But I heard good things about Estee Lauder Doublewear so I went in over the weekend. I told the MUA that I wanted to match my skintone but that I also want a 'flawless' look. She suggested a shade that I thought was a bit dark, can't remember the name of it, and when I said I thought it was too dark she said that most people prefer to 'brighten up' their skintone by going a shade or 2 darker? After trying a few, the one she recommended was 'Fresco' - but even that looked a bit off. I asked her if I could take a sample home to try, but she said she'd just put it on for me and I could decide based on that.

So, she did one half of my face and tbh I wasn't very impressed, you could still see the redness around my cheeks and it didn't really even out my skintone that well. After saying this, she did the other side with a heavier application - which covered alot more but still just didn't look all 'evened out'. When I said this, she said only teenagers go for the completely flawless look and that I shouldn't want to look like I'm wearing a mask Now, I get what she's saying, and that's fair enough, but I'm not saying I want to look like an oompa loompa; I'm looking for a foundation that will match my skintone and also even it out so that it's all the one colour and gives an airbrushed look.

I could just stick with Studio Fix, it's grand and it looks great when you put it on, it's just the reapplying so often that's irritating.

I'm really just wondering if anyone here has tried both/either of these, and what you think/which you prefer?

Thanks! :)

That lady sounds clueless and unhelpful. I love estee lauder double wear. However, I've only tried a sample of the studio fix in NW15 which was way too dark and orange on me. So I can't really compare them directly but if you're looking for long lasting and full flawless coverage foundation I really believe the double wear to be much better.

First off, on Makeupalley the stuidio fix fluid is the 6th most reviewed foundation with 1712 reviews and a score of 3.5/5. Double wear is the 7th most review foundation with 1505 reviews and a score of 4.0/5. So double wear is the winner there. I'm sure if you read through some of the reviews you'll find direct comparisions of the DW to SFF http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=26960/Double_Wear_/Estee_Lauder/Liquid

What the lady said about "most people prefer to 'brighten up' their skintone by going a shade or 2 darker" is completely false and simply ridiculous. People wear foundation to MATCH their own skintone. The shades in double wear are numbered and lettered. The first 7 shades listed from lightest to darkest are:

1C1 Shell (c = cool, pinky based)
    1N1 Ecru (n = neutral, peachy based)
    1W1 Bone (w = warm, yellowish based)
    2C1 Dusk
    2N1 Desert Beige
    2W1 Sand
    2N2 Fresco

With Mac NW means pink based and NC means yellow based. I know you said the NW15 looks a bit orange on your jawline and NC15 didn't look right so I will assume the NW was correct but just too dark? If so, you're pink toned and will want a "C" in the double wear. The temptalia foundation matrix lists the 1C1 shell as equivalent to NW10 - NW15 and lists 1N1 ecru as equivalent to NW15 - NW20.
    http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix
    Shell is definitely lighter than NW15 in studio fix fluid so may actually be a touch light for you. I would ask for a sample of both of them, from a different lady than that one if possible!

Lastly, the application of double wear is the difference between a cakey heavy foundation and a beautiful flawless one. It's very different to other foundations and needs to be applied a certain way. A flat foundation brush works best with it and it definitely cant be used with a duo fibre foundation brush such as the mac 187 (because it can't be buffed in). You need to work on little areas of your face at a time because it dries quickly and doesn't really blend. I take a little on the brush and start on my nose. I use a few downwards strokes only (if you go up and down or back and forth it starts to cake). I'm really just placing a thin layer of the foundation down and only blending to blend out any edges. Next I do one cheek, then the other, my chin and then my forehead. BTW it doesn't take any longer than normal to do it this way and it will look really even and smooth and last all day. It doesn't transfer at all. Also, had the lady applied this properly it should definitely have taken the redness out of your cheeks with out looking like a mask. I have redness in my cheeks and uneven colouring which is why I wear and love this foundation. Full coverage shouldn't look like a mask if applied right. Blush is important to bring some life back in to your face though.

*** Wow I only just noticed that you said Mac studio fix not studio fix fluid! Sorry, most of the stuff still applies though since Mac shades apply to all their foundations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I wear MAC NW15 and find double wear in Bone an excellent match (though I thought they had discontinued bone...bought loads of it online to be on the safe side!)

I find them similar in colour but the texture is very different, I find double wear a bit too heavy for day wear, it's briliiant but I prefer it for night time. Have you tried Bobbi Brown in Porcelain? I find it really good and they have loads of different levels of cover depending on what your preference is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

That lady sounds clueless and unhelpful. I love estee lauder double wear. However, I've only tried a sample of the studio fix in NW15 which was way too dark and orange on me. So I can't really compare them directly but if you're looking for long lasting and full flawless coverage foundation I really believe the double wear to be much better.

First off, on Makeupalley the stuidio fix fluid is the 6th most reviewed foundation with 1712 reviews and a score of 3.5/5. Double wear is the 7th most review foundation with 1505 reviews and a score of 4.0/5. So double wear is the winner there. I'm sure if you read through some of the reviews you'll find direct comparisions of the DW to SFF http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=26960/Double_Wear_/Estee_Lauder/Liquid

What the lady said about "most people prefer to 'brighten up' their skintone by going a shade or 2 darker" is completely false and simply ridiculous. People wear foundation to MATCH their own skintone. The shades in double wear are numbered and lettered. The first 7 shades listed from lightest to darkest are:

1C1 Shell (c = cool, pinky based)
    1N1 Ecru (n = neutral, peachy based)
    1W1 Bone (w = warm, yellowish based)
    2C1 Dusk
    2N1 Desert Beige
    2W1 Sand
    2N2 Fresco

With Mac NW means pink based and NC means yellow based. I know you said the NW15 looks a bit orange on your jawline and NC15 didn't look right so I will assume the NW was correct but just too dark? If so, you're pink toned and will want a "C" in the double wear. The temptalia foundation matrix lists the 1C1 shell as equivalent to NW10 - NW15 and lists 1N1 ecru as equivalent to NW15 - NW20.
    http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix
    Shell is definitely lighter than NW15 in studio fix fluid so may actually be a touch light for you. I would ask for a sample of both of them, from a different lady than that one if possible!

Lastly, the application of double wear is the difference between a cakey heavy foundation and a beautiful flawless one. It's very different to other foundations and needs to be applied a certain way. A flat foundation brush works best with it and it definitely cant be used with a duo fibre foundation brush such as the mac 187 (because it can't be buffed in). You need to work on little areas of your face at a time because it dries quickly and doesn't really blend. I take a little on the brush and start on my nose. I use a few downwards strokes only (if you go up and down or back and forth it starts to cake). I'm really just placing a thin layer of the foundation down and only blending to blend out any edges. Next I do one cheek, then the other, my chin and then my forehead. BTW it doesn't take any longer than normal to do it this way and it will look really even and smooth and last all day. It doesn't transfer at all. Also, had the lady applied this properly it should definitely have taken the redness out of your cheeks with out looking like a mask. I have redness in my cheeks and uneven colouring which is why I wear and love this foundation. Full coverage shouldn't look like a mask if applied right. Blush is important to bring some life back in to your face though.

Thanks a million for such a helpful post! :) I think I might head into BTs counter instead and talk to someone there. I think my skin has more pink undertones... but even the first time I went to MAC I had 2 artists arguing over whether I was more pink/yellow based - so I think I might be kind of in the middle!!

I can't believe Fresco is so far down the list, as she actually told me Shell was closer to my natural colour when I picked it out - but that Fresco would be better as it's a bit darker and I wouldn't look as pale. I've no problem with looking pale though.... And tbh, I'm not ghost white or anything!

And aye, I normally use a bronzer/blusher to add a bit of colour :)

Oh and it's ok, I meant the fluid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I've never used the fix fluid only the studio sculpt so can't really compare the two. But I do use EL Double Wear and ADORE it!! Really does last all day! I wear NW15 in MAC and my shade is 1N1 ECRU. I find the shade a much better match than MAC.

For me it just suits my skin so much more.
    It's very different to other foundations and needs to be applied a certain way. A flat foundation brush works best with it and it definitely cant be used with a duo fibre foundation brush such as the mac 187 (because it can't be buffed in).

I do agree it dries quickly and needs to be applied a little different but I use a 187 to apply it and really like that technique.

Hi Guys! Thanks so much for all the advice, I went to a different counter today and the assistant knew from one look at me that I was Ecru! :) I just brought it home and tried it on and it's perfect :) It's an exact match to my skintone!

Also, I usually just apply with my fingers, but I might look into getting a brush. Tried one before though and I've always had a better app with my fingers!

• Advertisement

I take it back :( I've had it on all evening and I'm not liking it at all now. It's very pale, paler than my skintone I think tbh, it just looks like a white mask and it's giving me a kind of greyish tinge - quite similar to when I tried the NC in MAC.

Can't afford to go buy studiofix now til I'm paid in 3 weeks either :( Guess that's my lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Could you warm up the colour with some bronzer and blush??

Larianne wrote: »
    Could you warm up the colour with some bronzer and blush??

Aye I've been trying that out this eve, but it just still has that mask look about it and looks very dull. My face actually looks whiter than my neck. God maybe I should have listened to the first MUA and gone with the other shade!:rolleyes: Argh, seriously disappointed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

and there was me going to say you've skin the same colour as mine :) I'm ecru lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aye I've been trying that out this eve, but it just still has that mask look about it and looks very dull. My face actually looks whiter than my neck. God maybe I should have listened to the first MUA and gone with the other shade!:rolleyes: Argh, seriously disappointed now.

Oh no, that doesn't sound good.

Your skin tone sounds like mine (I switch between NW15 and NC 20) although I think from meeting you, you might be a tad lighter than me.

Have you tried a lighter application of it? Maybe it won't look so mask like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I'd guess it's not too light but is the wrong base tone - that's how I got caught out this week anyway, not enough pink in the Illamasqua I bought (the rest were all too yellow). Am mixing it with the Max Factor Xperience I was using - the mix is giving me the longevity MF lacked with the colour I need

That said whether she was right or wrong about the colour the first MUA sounds like a right cow

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh no, that doesn't sound good.

Your skin tone sounds like mine (I switch between NW15 and NC 20) although I think from meeting you, you might be a tad lighter than me.

Have you tried a lighter application of it? Maybe it won't look so mask like?

Yep..but it still just doesn't look right at all. I wore it into work today and I'm sitting here dying to get it off now. I'm just going to have to head into BTs at lunch and get the MAC, but I really can't bloody afford it:( Ach it's just so annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Why don't you go back into the counter and explain that she recommended the wrong colour and it doesn't suit your skin. They do lots of other foundations that might suit your skin better. There's a double wear light that you might find better. Worth a shot I'd you really don't like it! Saves being stick with it.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Why don't you go back into the counter and explain that she recommended the wrong colour and it doesn't suit your skin. They do lots of other foundations that might suit your skin better. There's a double wear light that you might find better. Worth a shot I'd you really don't like it! Saves being stick with it.

Ah tbh I doubt she's going to exchange it for me for free when it's been used. I'm not keen on the overall look of it either besides the shade, so I think I'll just play it safe and go back with Studio Fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I used Studio Fix (NC15) and it was the first foundation I felt suited my colour, as I'm pretty pale. Following a thread on here, I got a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear light. I used it for a few days and found it quite good in terms of tone-matching for my skin. A couple of friends commented that I looked healthy and tanned! But having bought the stuff, I find it just doesn't last! I've a feeling yer woman at the counter gave me a sample of the regular one, then sold me the light one?

Anyway, if I'm going through duty-free any time soon I might pick up the regular Double Wear, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

For now - once you go Mac, you never go back :cool:

Malari wrote: »
    I used Studio Fix (NC15) and it was the first foundation I felt suited my colour, as I'm pretty pale. Following a thread on here, I got a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear light. I used it for a few days and found it quite good in terms of tone-matching for my skin. A couple of friends commented that I looked healthy and tanned! But having bought the stuff, I find it just doesn't last! I've a feeling yer woman at the counter gave me a sample of the regular one, then sold me the light one?

Anyway, if I'm going through duty-free any time soon I might pick up the regular Double Wear, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

For now - once you go Mac, you never go back :cool:

I'll actually be going through duty free in a few weeks so I think I'll stock up then for Korea, just in case I can't find the right shade over there! Getting a bus into town at lunch time now to get my MAC, it's worth counting the penneys for a week!!!!!

I'll actually be going through duty free in a few weeks so I think I'll stock up then for Korea, just in case I can't find the right shade over there!

That's one of the reasons I figued I'd try Estee lauder to start with - a lot easier to pick up for a bargain in duty-free than Mac is!

That's one of the reasons I figued I'd try Estee lauder to start with - a lot easier to pick up for a bargain in duty-free than Mac is!

Is it? How come? I meant I was going to pick up some MAC in duty free.

Is it? How come? I meant I was going to pick up some MAC in duty free.

Well, I mean it's more common to find Estee Lauder in a duty free than it is Mac. At least the last few airports I flew through in Europe didn't have Mac, :( but they nearly all have Estee Lauder, no matter how small. But I'm sure going to Korea you'll be flying through a major hub so wouldn't have the same problem!

Well, I mean it's more common to find Estee Lauder in a duty free than it is Mac. At least the last few airports I flew through in Europe didn't have Mac, :( but they nearly all have Estee Lauder, no matter how small. But I'm sure going to Korea you'll be flying through a major hub so wouldn't have the same problem!

Would I not buy it in Dub on the way over? I'm clueless about duty free..:o

• Advertisement

Would I not buy it in Dub on the way over? I'm clueless about duty free..:o

Em, yep, if you can! Or in Amsterdam, or London, or wherever you have to fly through.

I flew through Cork, Nice and Rome recently and none had Mac.

Oh no thats really unlucky. I thought when you were trying ecru you were going to get another sample, not buy the bottle before making sure the colour was right for you. I don't think they would exchange it for you since you've already used it but maybe if the sales assistant was understanding. I think the testers on display are little glass bottles so I don't think they would be able to use your bottle for that.. also because there's no pump it would probably been seen as unhygienic. Still may be worth a try asking to exchange it.

On the actual colour, while 1N1 was too light for you, I still think 2N2 fresco would be too dark for you. I think you'd need one of the three before that (2C1, 2N1 or 2W1). I would guess 2N1 to be wrong too since you said that not only was 1N1 ecru too light for you, but also greyish which means the "neutral" colour tone must be wrong. I'm not sure if that means you need something more yellow or pink though.. possibly pink as you said.

If you're stuck with ecru then I'd encourage you to keep trying to make it work for you. Since it's too light for you and the studio fix fluid in NW15 is too dark for you, then mixing them should give you a pretty good colour (or if you already have a darker foundation try mix it with that first). I know it's a bit annoying having to mix them on the back of your hand or whatever, but at least you will get use out of your €34 foundation and it will make your studio fix fluid last longer too. If you're still not happy with the result when applying with your fingers then try a flat foundation brush... I think that gives a nice thin smooth layer (just a cheap brush, I have a Mac 190 and it's no better than the one I had before it which cost a few euro http://cf.mp-cdn.net/b2/f3/623cdb551ce2aed241c9fb35ea9d.jpg ).If it actually feels heavy on your skin then you've very likely applied too much. Someone mentioned the double wear light but I didn't like that when I tried it (my sister had the lighest colour but it was too dark for me). I didn't like the formula either though - coverage wasn't good and to me it was no better than a cheaper brand so woudn't be worth spending more on. Also, my sister tried double wear instead afterwards on my rec and also much prefers it and is still using it.
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    I do agree it dries quickly and needs to be applied a little different but I use a 187 to apply it and really like that technique.
    I haven't specifically used it with the 187 but just mentioned that one as it's the one more people are familiar with. I have the mac 130 which is like a smaller denser version of the 187 but I don't like it with double wear as I think it starts to cake when you try to buff it out. Have you tried it with a flat brush? If not you may prefer it to the 187. Or if you have tried it and still prefer then 187 then it must just work differently on different skin :)

Oh no thats really unlucky. I thought when you were trying ecru you were going to get another sample, not buy the bottle before making sure the colour was right for you. I don't think they would exchange it for you since you've already used it but maybe if the sales assistant was understanding. I think the testers on display are little glass bottles so I don't think they would be able to use your bottle for that.. also because there's no pump it would probably been seen as unhygienic. Still may be worth a try asking to exchange it.

On the actual colour, while 1N1 was too light for you, I still think 2N2 fresco would be too dark for you. I think you'd need one of the three before that (2C1, 2N1 or 2W1). I would guess 2N1 to be wrong too since you said that not only was 1N1 ecru too light for you, but also greyish which means the "neutral" colour tone must be wrong. I'm not sure if that means you need something more yellow or pink though.. possibly pink as you said.

If you're stuck with ecru then I'd encourage you to keep trying to make it work for you. Since it's too light for you and the studio fix fluid in NW15 is too dark for you, then mixing them should give you a pretty good colour (or if you already have a darker foundation try mix it with that first). I know it's a bit annoying having to mix them on the back of your hand or whatever, but at least you will get use out of your €34 foundation and it will make your studio fix fluid last longer too. If you're still not happy with the result when applying with your fingers then try a flat foundation brush... I think that gives a nice thin smooth layer (just a cheap brush, I have a Mac 190 and it's no better than the one I had before it which cost a few euro http://cf.mp-cdn.net/b2/f3/623cdb551ce2aed241c9fb35ea9d.jpg ).If it actually feels heavy on your skin then you've very likely applied too much. Someone mentioned the double wear light but I didn't like that when I tried it (my sister had the lighest colour but it was too dark for me). I didn't like the formula either though - coverage wasn't good and to me it was no better than a cheaper brand so woudn't be worth spending more on. Also, my sister tried double wear instead afterwards on my rec and also much prefers it and is still using it.

I haven't specifically used it with the 187 but just mentioned that one as it's the one more people are familiar with. I have the mac 130 which is like a smaller denser version of the 187 but I don't like it with double wear as I think it starts to cake when you try to buff it out. Have you tried it with a flat brush? If not you may prefer it to the 187. Or if you have tried it and still prefer then 187 then it must just work differently on different skin :)

Thanks a mil for your posts :)

I asked for samples the last time and she just put it on for me instead, so I didn't bother asking this time. Tbh I'm happy enough with the studio fix, it's not overly dark, it's just it seems to get a bit orangy during the day as it starts to come off - if that makes sense. It looks perfect when it first goes on. Just a case of re-applying it I guess! I can defo see a huge difference in the colour, it's alot warmer. I'll try mixing them though!

I think what's happening with the studio fix is that it may be oxidising on you. I think all foundations can do this but some have more of a tendancy to oxidise than others. Also, a foundation that oxidises on one person may not at all on another person. I think oil on the skin can also cause it to start oxidising. Double wear doesn't oxidise on me but I got Vichy Aera Teint Pure a few months ago because of a glowing rec for it from Letzmakeup on youtube but that oxidises really really badly on me - goes from really light to really orange. Anyways, mixing the SFF and DW may help stop it oxidising or at least make the SFF last longer on your skin during the day. Hopefully you get some use out of it anyways :)

I think what's happening with the studio fix is that it may be oxidising on you. I think all foundations can do this but some have more of a tendancy to oxidise than others. Also, a foundation that oxidises on one person may not at all on another person. I think oil on the skin can also cause it to start oxidising. Double wear doesn't oxidise on me but I got Vichy Aera Teint Pure a few months ago because of a glowing rec for it from Letzmakeup on youtube but that oxidises really really badly on me - goes from really light to really orange. Anyways, mixing the SFF and DW may help stop it oxidising or at least make the SFF last longer on your skin during the day. Hopefully you get some use out of it anyways :)

Aye I'll start using a primer too and see if that helps..never bothered before but a few people have asked me if I tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Are you trying to cover redness mainly? Honestly.. I would go for Clinique Redness Solution, I just finished my first bottle but was feeling adventourous so opted for something different and now have just gotten Studio Fix funnily enough.

One thing is I miss the pleasant smell from Clinique, the Studio Fix is ashy/smoky and not that nice at all. The Clinique really covered redness, I still use their Yellow mineral powder though. It gives a flawless look.

Resi12 wrote: »
    Are you trying to cover redness mainly? Honestly.. I would go for Clinique Redness Solution, I just finished my first bottle but was feeling adventourous so opted for something different and now have just gotten Studio Fix funnily enough.

One thing is I miss the pleasant smell from Clinique, the Studio Fix is ashy/smoky and not that nice at all. The Clinique really covered redness, I still use their Yellow mineral powder though. It gives a flawless look.

Not specifically redness no, I'm just looking for an even, flawless look. I'll check out the mineral powder! :)

Well, I mixed the 2 today and the colour is great! :) Only problem is, I only put it on 3 hours ago and already it's starting to flake off, mainly around my nose/chin. I made sure to exfoliate and moisturise beforehand so I really don't get why it's coming off. Argh! I saw Twee recommend a MAC power in another thread, might have a look for it in duty free! I still have to pick up a primer too so hopefully that will help a bit.

Oh thats great that the colour worked out well :) Was your moisturiser fully soaked in? Maybe try it without moisturiser at some point and see if it sits better (moisturise well the night before instead of that morning). I don't use a face primer either.. just feel like it's an unnecessary step. I tried one years ago and didn't like it but maybe it wasn't a good one or I didn't do it right as some people swear by them. So maybe that will work for you. What is "Mac power"? Oh did you mean powder? I really like the Mac mineralise skinfinish natural if that's the one she maybe mentioned? It's the only mac one I've used but picked it as it seemed to have the best reviews of the mac powders and will stick with it.

• Advertisement

Oh thats great that the colour worked out well :) Was your moisturiser fully soaked in? Maybe try it without moisturiser at some point and see if it sits better (moisturise well the night before instead of that morning). I don't use a face primer either.. just feel like it's an unnecessary step. I tried one years ago and didn't like it but maybe it wasn't a good one or I didn't do it right as some people swear by them. So maybe that will work for you. What is "Mac power"? Oh did you mean powder? I really like the Mac mineralise skinfinish natural if that's the one she maybe mentioned? It's the only mac one I've used but picked it as it seemed to have the best reviews of the mac powders and will stick with it.

Aye I've tried it before without.. See, the prob is I can actually see the foundation on my face now, it's caked looking if you get me - in that flaking off kind of way. It's going to be mad humid/hot in Korea so I really need it to stay put and not be coming off, as I'm sure it'll be much worse over there. I'm def going to try the powder, I'll have a look in duty free in a few weeks!!

Advertisement