Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI Sim Card

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Probably a really stupid question but I just want confirmation.

If i get a sim card the next time im in the north would that work as normal whenever im over in england?

I ask because I'll be back and forward alot in the next few months to england and want to get a sim card so im not stung with roaming charges. I have a sim free phone.

I'll be up in the north at the end of the week and pick one up if it works.

I just dont know if any roaming applies between northern ireland and the rest of the UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

if your phone is unlocked then yes it will. If not then it probably wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

It should work as normal in the UK. If you are on Meteor prepay they dont do roaming charges now and if you are on bill pay a lot of the networks dont do roaming in the UK. Well I know O2 used to anyway. ( I did know they were not actively offering it you had to ask for it ) . Remember if you are using your UK sim to ring Irish numbers and to send to irish texts it will still be expensive. It will be fine if you are ringing and texting other Uk numbers though. If people want to text you on your UK sim from an Irish number it could cost them around 25c. Well it would from an o2 number anyway. Do your research on which UK network has the best charges when ringing and texting Irish numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Brilliant, Thanks for the replies

Advertisement