Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie...New Lawn Question...

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I have a small area at the back of the house about 14ft x 12ft that I wanted to pave however the girlfriend is adamant she wants grass there so who am I to argue..It's in serious need of TLC, there dock leaves ( sp )and various other weeds growing through it as well as some grass. I sprayed it a few weeks back and killed everything, then got lazy and did nothing and it's beginning to grow again. I've had a few people price it and basically either weren't impressed by them or were charging too much.

I've decided to leave a friend of mine that's out of work do it as I'd rather pay him. Unfortunately he's a carpenter so I'm after a few pointers so that he gets it right...What are the steps..

We were thinking of rotavating rolling and seeding. However the weeds that are already there just will just grow through ? Or is there something we can put on it that will not kill grass but kill off the weeds ?

Appreciate any input as we really haven't a clue.

Advertisement