Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up our Dog

• 27-06-2011 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am wondering if anybody can help me. My wife and I (with our 3 kids) are due to leave the country in the coming months for a work in US.

We have made the decision to try and get a new home for our dog. We are based in Galway and looking for somebody to take the dog from us. She is a beutiful neutered 2 year-old Kerry Blue. We don;t really know what to do with her or who to contact with regards to getting the ball in motion. Would anybody here be able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please contact Fionnuala Malone at:

http://www.glenfitor.net/Rescue.html

She should be able to help you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

andreac wrote: »
    Please contact Fionnuala Malone at:

http://www.glenfitor.net/Rescue.html

She should be able to help you.:)

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

dclane wrote: »
    Hi there, I am wondering if anybody can help me. My wife and I (with our 3 kids) are due to leave the country in the coming months for a work in US.

We have made the decision to try and get a new home for our dog. We are based in Galway and looking for somebody to take the dog from us. She is a beutiful neutered 2 year-old Kerry Blue. We don;t really know what to do with her or who to contact with regards to getting the ball in motion. Would anybody here be able to help?

Is bringing your dog with you not an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

serenacat wrote: »
    Is bringing your dog with you not an option?

We have thought long and hard about it. However we cannot take pets to the apartment we are renting. Also, the cost involved is huge and cannot afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

It is a really difficult situation, unfortunately its one that too many people are now finding themselves in. I can thoroughly recommend the people that andreac has put the link up to, they will ensure that your dog gets a brilliant home.

Best of luck with the move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

OP, if for some reason the first rescue can't take him, contact Madra.ie, who are based in Galway.

Marina is brilliant and they have great success rehoming. We got our wee fella off her, and I can't praise them highly enough - they were so kind and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MichelleGx

I would contact Madra the dog rescue in Galway. They are great and would help in getting a home for your dog.

Advertisement