Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowrider in Tramore

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Good to see the actions of a couple of people can derail a possibly great project, all because they can't enjoy their view of the sea at breakfast!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tbayers wrote: »
    Good to see the actions of a couple of people can derail a possibly great project, all because they can't enjoy their view of the sea at breakfast!!

Its a bit more than that. It wont be 'derailed' if the planning authorities feel the development is suitable for the area anyway.

If its the people down by the gap that appealed to An Bord Pleanala, then that was their main gripe. But im not sure if they are the people that appealed this high up. Hope it all pans out well for all involved in the end and pleases everyone! More good news for Tramore would be great!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If its the people down by the gap that appealed to An Bord Pleanala, then that was their main gripe. But im not sure if they are the people that appealed this high up. Hope it all pans out well for all involved in the end and pleases everyone! More good news for Tramore would be great!

There were appeals from others living away from the gap also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Funny thing about planning law in Ireland you are not entitled to a view someone can get planning to build in front of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Best news for Tramore in a long long time!! Bring on the extra money from extra tourists coming into the town and the much needed jobs it will bring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Delighted this has got the go ahead F**K the begrudgers and the usual objectors in Waterford. If it was up to them we would never have anything built.

Delighted this has got the go ahead F**K the begrudgers and the usual objectors in Waterford. If it was up to them we would never have anything built.

I wouldn't call them all begrudgers. Most people wanted this to go ahead and were hopeful. Those with objecting had concerns with the way it was being built, not with the business itself AFAIK.

We needed more of this during the building boom - we are paying for the cost right across the country because of lack of common sense in planning.

But anyway, its done and its dusted. Maybe their concerns are addressed in the revisions by An Bord Pleanala? Either way, its a new addition to Tramore and we should all wish them the very best of success and focus on the positives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

hopefully it will start soon, i know rep from co responsible was saying they are eager to start ASAP. I think it could be a good thing. Tramore needs to raise its profile, get more attractions, make it more attractive.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't call them all begrudgers. Most people wanted this to go ahead and were hopeful. Those with objecting had concerns with the way it was being built, not with the business itself AFAIK.

We needed more of this during the building boom - we are paying for the cost right across the country because of lack of common sense in planning.

But anyway, its done and its dusted. Maybe their concerns are addressed in the revisions by An Bord Pleanala? Either way, its a new addition to Tramore and we should all wish them the very best of success and focus on the positives :)

The business model and the fact that it might not be sustainable was actually mentioned in a number of objections, so they were against it - full stop!!

This IS going to be huge for the town, no two ways about it. WORLD class events will take place on the flowrider and in the skatepark in the future and I would not be surprised if planning for such events is taking place as we speak. Get her built:cool:

The business model and the fact that it might not be sustainable was actually mentioned in a number of objections, so they were against it - full stop!!

This IS going to be huge for the town, no two ways about it. WORLD class events will take place on the flowrider and in the skatepark in the future and I would not be surprised if planning for such events is taking place as we speak. Get her built:cool:

I thought the final objections were based on the building itself? Anyway, either way, there is a large support so indeed lets get moving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

this is been set up on the prom now. its a mobile unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

The Mobile unit is there to give people a taste of what's coming and works well with the surf & sea festival thats happening soon. They still have to build they permanent structure

Anyone no how this is going, it seems to be an unusual time for it to be starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone no how this is going, it seems to be an unusual time for it to be starting

good question Tayto, was in Tramore recently and wondered is it dead now?

They have five years to develop it, as per planning. Someone asked on Facebook and that's the answer that was given, but no response to the question about a rough date.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

will that be enough time for the 'developers' to sort out their poor financial planning with their other ventures, also, how is the RTE programme going to impact? im not seeing very many banks willing to help out after such things come fully to light. anyone still holding their breath for the entertainment complex that was to be developed on the site beside splashworld.....nope they is long dead by now.
    Be realistic people, its not going to happen.

I would love to know the amount planning permissions granted and the amount that follow through within their first year, not very many I imagine. McDonalds and Sons are doing this everywhere all over Tramore in relation to sites, why aren't you complaining about them BlankAs?

They have every right to hold off on the development until conditions suit them, in my opinion!

blankAs wrote: »
    anyone still holding their breath for the entertainment complex that was to be developed on the site beside splashworld.....nope they is long dead by now.
    Be realistic people, its not going to happen.

That was confirmed as a dead duck a long time ago.

• Advertisement

im not complaining just stating that this will never happen for numerous reasons. building an artificial wave beside a beach just boggles the mind. why not build an artificial ski/ snowboarding slope, its a little more innovative, it hasnt been done and its not available. waves however are.
    plus Mc donalds arn't running fraudulent companys and then putting themselves out as the public face of tourism in tramore. t'would be funny if it wasn't just plain embarrassing!

yep, and in some years to come this one will be confirmed as a dead dolphin.

The 'inclusion park' will be a lovely addition to Tramore's infrastructure.

plus I was driving down the prom today as I do most days but for some reason today I was proud to be from Tramore, she was looking very well today with all these improvements in the last couple of months.
    Tramore is definitely back on track to been the premier seaside resort in the country. Congrats to all involved in its revival.

Now ill leave my sentimentality with boards and go out and cut the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

im not complaining just stating that this will never happen for numerous reasons. building an artificial wave beside a beach just boggles the mind. why not build an artificial ski/ snowboarding slope, its a little more innovative, it hasnt been done and its not available. waves however are.
    plus Mc donalds arn't running fraudulent companys and then putting themselves out as the public face of tourism in tramore. t'would be funny if it wasn't just plain embarrassing!
    have you got proof to back up your defamatory claims??

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Thats a pretty big statement to make.have you got names about this person and fraudulent companies

Advertisement