Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derby day

Options
  • 27-06-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all

Went to the Derby yesterday as I do every year.

Did anyone else think that the 40 ticket was a bit much. Up from 25 euro last year. You did get access to the parade ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

It was never €25 last year for Derby day. Maybe for the pretty polly on the Saturday but not derby day Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

It was €25 for access to the main grand stand.

You were not able to access the reserved enclosure or the parade ring.

When I asked why the price hike it was because you could now access the parade ring and the good food village. Both of which I didnt think were worth the increase.

The Pretty Polly stakes were 20 as far as I can remember and the Friday night was 15

Did you go. Did the think there were as many as there was last year. Normally the place is black on the three days and getting through the roadon the Friday to Sunday takes ages. This year there was no back log.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Sorry i was wrong. Well both of us but i was more wrong!
    Twas actually €20 in 2010 for the main stand. I thought derby day price even in 2010was all encompassed. I wasnt there this year but i did look a bit sparce in places alright.
    Leopardstown done away with enclosure prices its all the one price now and i think the Curragh and others is also the same price for normal race days now.

2010 Curragh derby day prices
    Sunday 27th June – 1st race 1.45pm (gates open 10.30am)
    Reserved Enclosure €40 Seniors/Under 25s €25 Children Under 16 €5
    West End Enclosure €20 Seniors/Under 25s €10 Children Under 16 Free

http://www.curragh.ie/newsletter_archive/june_newsletter.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I was there and the crowd seemed down on previous years although it was hard to tell as a lot of people spent the day up in the food village area so it seemed a little quieter down by the stands.

Advertisement