Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under Armour

• 27-06-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

guys,

is it worth getting 1-2 of these for under the jersey?

Under Armour

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Yes definitely. But its the HeatGear you would need for the Summer, not the ColdGear. A L/S one is about €40 in Elverys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Yes definitely. But its the HeatGear you would need for the Summer, not the ColdGear. A L/S one is about €40 in Elverys.
    I found one in TK Maxx for €15 last spring :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Picked up a heap of them in a US outlet, brilliant tops, got both cold and hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

The Under Armour cold gear are among the best purchases I've made.
    Nothing comes close to their wicking ability. The outside can be soaking wet from rain or sweat and the inside is always bone dry.
    The turtle neck version seems most popular but I find the neck restrictive and the material is doubled up there so can be a bit too warm. I always go for the "crew" neck version.

I have similar base layers from Canterbury, nike, adidas and nothing comes close to the UA cold gear.

Found the heat gear ones good but not much better than similar brands. They also go to sh1te after a few washes. Loose the elasticity. Although I am talking over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I found one in TK Maxx for €15 last spring :D

Picked up two coldgear tops and a very good running jacket in there before Christmas for next to nothing. Then picked up a pair of UA running shorts only a couple of weeks ago.

@munsterleinster, while it's good, it's nothing compared to the Icebreaker merino wool clothing http://www.icebreaker.com/site/index.html, they are simply excellent with the added bonus that you rarely ever have to wash them because of smells. According to Icebreaker themselves some guy wore one for 196 days on some expedition. Whereas I find the UA stuff smells pretty much straight away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement