Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some help please...

• 27-06-2011 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Greetings folks

I know nothing about video games and would really appreciate some advice.

This weekend is my sons 10th birthday and he wants extra zombie levels for Black Ops on PS3. Im not too sure that he knows exactly what hes talking about, he said I can buy extra levels either online or in video game store, but he really wasnt sure.

If anyone has any info on this I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

You can purchase them on the ps3 with a credit card. Enter the ps3 store via the system itself, and just search for call of duty black ops in the search bar ( top left ), all the available content will appear then, including the zombie map packs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Another alternative would be to purchase Playstation Network credit (available in multiple denominations at most game shops) and then you'd have a physical present to give to your son - the credit can then be used to download the maps. I know Xbox has Call of Duty package designs, not so sure about PS3.

However, I'm in no position to provide parenting advice, but these are extremely gory games for a ten year old to be playing. I'm guessing you don't mind if he already has the core game, but thought I'd flag it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Brenner77

Another alternative would be to purchase Playstation Network credit (available in multiple denominations at most game shops) and then you'd have a physical present to give to your son - the credit can then be used to download the maps. I know Xbox has Call of Duty package designs, not so sure about PS3.

However, I'm in no position to provide parenting advice, but these are extremely gory games for a ten year old to be playing. I'm guessing you don't mind if he already has the core game, but thought I'd flag it.

I agree. I got it for him for xmas, all his friends were getting it so I just thought it was a standard war game. I saw him play it boxing day and I almost fainted when I saw the violence. So I limit him to one hour per week, and he usually plays the 2 player zombie levels which dont seem so bad-at least they arent torturing people with knives. So yea its a concern-but its a judgement call really-I threw Grand Theft Auto in the bin on the same day that I bought it for him-the bloody name should have been a clue about the content really, ha.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It got an 18 certificate for
    "strong bloody violence and strong language"

Good parenting !!

Advertisement