Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens when we get our results?

• 27-06-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

We are finished the leaving cert now and im wondering what happens that day in august we get our results. like how do we apply to our courses and that? do we have a week before we have to choose them or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I think its a week before offers come in but I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

We are finished the leaving cert now and im wondering what happens that day in august we get our results. like how do we apply to our courses and that? do we have a week before we have to choose them or something?

The day when you get your results 3/4 of students will be out drinking , sum in celebration, alot drowning their sorrows away.
    The next Monday the CAO offers will come out for any of the courses you may have applied to, if you have enough points & accept a course, your than you'll get a letter of acceptance, then usually most colleges will deal with ask you to bring this on an orientation day ,then your registered as part of a course for the next few years of your life.
    The gap in between the results & CAO offers is just to organise students points, to the demand of each course which determines the points levels of different courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

like how do we apply to our courses and that? do we have a week before we have to choose them or something?

This worries me, extremely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

A week after the results are released, we will be offered the courses for which we got enough points. You don't choose at that stage, now is the time to be choosing what you want. Make sure you have everything sorted for yourself before Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

You have applied to your courses on CAO haven't you?

Offers come out the following Monday, but you need to have applied for the courses by this Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

flyaway. wrote: »
    You have applied to your courses on CAO haven't you?

Offers come out the following Monday, but you need to have applied for the courses by this Friday.

yes i did apply i just phrased it badly! i ment when we get our points how do we choose the course and when do the 1st round points system come out. i know now though! :D:D

Advertisement