Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First mortage

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, im looking for some advice,

Im 38 single, selfemployed since march, never had a moortage, renting house for 650 per month, was away working for years and came home in jan to start a small business and settle back down,

Now is it possible to get my own mortage? i dont want a huge house as its only for myself, iv seen a few around for around the 120 -130,000 mark which would be great and iv done some calculations at around the 20 yeaar period and seems fine,

My income at the mo if im going on what iv taken since march would be in the region of 50,000 - 60,000 gross,

Is it possible for me to get on the ladder as im not getting any younger :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards
    Living in hope

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd be surprised if you did. 3 months in business, only back in the country 6 months - neither of those is going to inspire a lender as they look for a solid employment history (and won't really take account of time spent abroad), a good Irish credit record and your income flow over the course of a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Self employed people will need to at least show one years audited accounts. So you'll have to wait before asking most lenders.

Advertisement