Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get electricity pole moved off my land?

• 27-06-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if this is at all possible..5 years ago I bought my house. in a corner of the back garden there is an electricity pole. The field next to me is owned but not in use.Is it possible to request moving the pole if the field owner did not object(unlikey they wouldn't but ye never know.)We've just gotten fencing done and soon to get decking and the pole is sort of in the way..Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Electric Ireland: Sonia

Afternoon Ger Vallely,

It would be ESB Networks that deal with any queries related to the removal of poles. This is their contact no: 1850372757. They will be able to advise you of your options.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
    Sonia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Thanks for that,will see what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

If the pole is in your way they shouldn't charge you for moving it.

Please post an update when your hear from ESB Networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Just wondering if this is at all possible..5 years ago I bought my house. in a corner of the back garden there is an electricity pole. The field next to me is owned but not in use.Is it possible to request moving the pole if the field owner did not object(unlikey they wouldn't but ye never know.)We've just gotten fencing done and soon to get decking and the pole is sort of in the way..Thanks in advance!

Hi Ger, You have probably already phoned ESB Networks regarding this but for others who may be in the same situation, when you call Networks, you will be advised to send a letter stating what you want done, along with a Site Plan map with the location of the pole marked on it, to your local area office.
    Local Area Office addresses can be found here : http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/home/contact_us.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Firstly, those are Divisional Office addresses and not the local area offices e.g. where is the Athone office or the Tullamore one?. Secondly, you need to phone the ESB Networks contact centre first to have the matter logged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Firstly, those are Divisional Office addresses and not the local area offices e.g. where is the Athone office or the Tullamore one?. Secondly, you need to phone the ESB Networks contact centre first to have the matter logged.

Edit:

That is a complete list of ESB Networks local offices in Ireland. They are all there along with their full addresses.

Also.. when you ring the ESB Networks call centre and I answer the phone, I will tell you the same thing, as will my colleagues. We could in theory send a referral onto the local office for you but we are not meant to as the local office will call you back and ask you to send your request into them in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Cillian13 wrote: »
    when you ring the ESB Networks call centre and I answer the phone, I will tell you the same thing, as will my colleagues. We could in theory send a referral onto the local office for you but we are not meant to as the local office will call you back and ask you to send your request into them in writing.

Talk to CSS TMcC in Dundalk or FC in Drogheda or MH the AM in Sligo and they'll tell you they need the referrals. Do you also advise the caller that they may need a quote issued? Do you also put it on OSS, or do you pass it to the SSC beside you? ;) You know as well as I that a letter just addressed to ESB Networks, Rosbrien Limerick will just rattle around the depot until it finds the right person to deal with it, as that building (like most locations) houses many business lines and operations and there is no reception/service desk to read all incoming mail not addressed to an individual.
    Typical Call Centre dumping of calls to others. :p I'm well aware of what the process is in the real world Cillian. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

OP,

As would be the case with any large organisation, when you cannot find the correct person, write to the Company Secretary.

Let him/her direct the query to the appropriate person.

Also, you shouldn't have to pay for the alteration/removal of the pole if it is preventing you from building your decking.

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement