Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorance on adverts.ie

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I swear some people are just plain ignorent when there trying to sell what ever.
    So basicly i found this ad on the wanted section of adverts for someone who's looking for a dual core processor desktop, and being as generious as I am I offered that I can build one for him new for €250 or used for approx €150 provided he can get a OS to use on it or use a free OS like Ubuntu which means I would not be making a profit on it what so ever just mearly offering a favor but after I left that comment another user on advets who offered to sell his computer to him started to undermine my comment implying it to be impossible or dodgey in a completely rude way, I have already reported him for abuse for his rudeness and for undermining my offer so hopefully the little so and so will get a deserved ban.

If your intrested in seeing these posts the ad is here: http://www.adverts.ie/491956

He's still trying to argue with me which is funny because it's only going to land him in more trouble.

Anyways I thaught that this would be intresting news for yourselves so you can see how the comptuer building business is even when your not making a profit! XD
    Anyone else had to go through anything simular to this? not necessarily adverts but in general when offered to build a pc for someone?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

That guy is obviously a bit of an ass :P Main thing I see on adverts is way way overpriced computers. Stuff like this
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/perfect-computer/503284
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/pc-clone-gamers-desktop-beast/663962

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

Holy crap my eyes O.O
    Makes you wonder if they ever sell or not...
    I highly doubt it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

It would make for a good business, build a computer for < €1000 and selling for 1.5k :P

shame thread spoiling is against the rules otherwise i so be busting some balls,
    but wouldn't you think they'd allow thread spoiling if your pointing out that there trying to rip someone off? ahwell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Do they not allow you to report it for being overpriced or something??
    It really is unfair to a poor sole who reads that and thinks it's a great deal.

• Advertisement

i think thats probably why it's fairly popular for overpriced goods it just seems weird that price compairing is against the rules yet they expect you to haggle?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I found adverts.ie full of crap. Alot of people in there are in some "lololol" land.

Once I sow Sony ericson xperia play in there for 470eu used. Funny thing is all carriers here got o e for 499 prepay. It can be unlock for free to... The fella pretty serious about his price too lol.

Don't do a faivor, Ussually you will be bitten up your arse for trying to help someone. Or blamed for something.

I do admire your help thought. You will be able to help me build one, when I am ready ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's wanted ads on adverts? (Checks to see if anyone wants any old junk I can get rid of).
    In fairness, judging by his ad, (s)he was probably thinking of dedicated graphics cards etc., not considering the very basic motherboard with integrated graphics (which doesn't excuse rudeness, of course).

deconduo wrote: »
    That guy is obviously a bit of an ass :P Main thing I see on adverts is way way overpriced computers. Stuff like this
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/perfect-computer/503284
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/pc-clone-gamers-desktop-beast/663962

The best thing about that first one is the name. :D

I think people on adverts set the price an extra 50% higher as people will always attempt to bargain down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Monotype wrote: »
    I think people on adverts set the price an extra 50% higher as people will always attempt to bargain down.

I think that's definitely the case as otherwise you get people taking the piss making stupid offers, and then all butt-hurt when you tell them to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

There are still alot of people on adverts that are trading computer parts and who know what they are doing - and who know what they are selling. There is alot more traffic lately which does mean there are alot more using it to try and make a few quid. Some of the adds like the ones above lately have been a joke.

Have to say though that if you are in the greater Dublin region and you are looking to buy or sell some part its hard to beat it. And I would always have a look first. its also a great way to meet people with the same interests - plenty times I have gone to pick up something and an hour later I am still there arguing over what is the current best air cooled case on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Adverts is shíte, bring back the For Sale threads, less trolling or spoiling, realistic prices and more sales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Comments must have been removed

Advertisement