Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Beers - Saturday 6th July @ The Clarence, Balham

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:37pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It seems my dictatorial whims re: setting a date for pub expeditions are going to see me hoist by my own petard, as I've realised the only weekend I'm free in July is the very last one - ie Friday 29th or Saturday 30th of July.

Never mind that, it seems July's no good for any of us so I'm suggesting this Saturday 6th August.

Edited to add:
    We'll kick things off at The Clarence on Balham High Road, around 8ish. The address is 90-92, Balham High Rd, London, SW12 9AG and Google Maps should give you directions if you search for the post code. It looks to be roughly the same distance from Clapham South and Balham tube stations, so take your pick.

Since I've not been to this pub before, it may well turn out to be crap and force us to move elsewhere on the night, so if you're planning on coming along and haven't already sent me your number please PM me and let me know - either send me your number or at least ask for mine, so that you don't get stuck trying to find us half an hour after we move elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Fysh wrote: »
    It seems my dictatorial whims re: setting a date for pub expeditions are going to see me hoist by my own petard, as I've realised the only weekend I'm free in July is the very last one - ie Friday 29th or Saturday 30th of July.

We're overdue for an outing somewhere daahn saaarf, but I need someone to pick out a pub/restaurant for us to start at if we're heading down that way.

Two questions for you lot, then:
    1) Do ye want to have the next beers before the 29th/30th? (and if so, when suits ye?)
    2) What pubs around Tooting/Clapham/Balham should we grace with our presence?
    The only place I know that's good in clapham is b@1 and only because they do a happy hour between 5 & 7 and the cocktails are awesome! But would deffo move on after happy hour as it's mad expensive..

I think I'm free too last weekend only.. But there might be a chance I'll have to work the sunday so a early night but I'll deffo come say hello..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

:( On hols that week, and the fam is over to visit! Aw shucks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Stupid heatwave diminishing my desire to drink anything other than cool cool water.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I shall be at this one, once I've found somewhere to live!

/off topic - Anyone know of any rooms going in the next month? :o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I won't be around that weekend, alas...

Re: places in Clapham to check out:
    The Royal Oak is nice and plenty of tables with a good atmosphere. Def one of my preferred spots in London!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

il be in the same boat:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

My place has a room out south west... So depends where you work if you want to have a look... It's 45 mins on the train to Waterloo..send a pm if you want a link to the gum tree add

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Won't be around that weekend, go on holiday on the 24th. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Also can't make that one ! I'm off home for mammy's dinners.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    Also can't make that one ! I'm off home for mammy's dinners.

Heh, I've since found out friends of mine are visiting and demandingrequesting crashspace with us, so I think the best bet is to just defer the next beers.

How about Saturday 6th August, somewhere towards Clapham/Tooting/Dahn Sarf?

• Advertisement

Heh, I've since found out friends of mine are visiting and demandingrequesting crashspace with us, so I think the best bet is to just defer the next beers.

How about Saturday 6th August, somewhere towards Clapham/Tooting/Dahn Sarf?

That's good for me, I'd prefer to venture out of Tooting (as lovely as it is) maybe Balham?

The date suits *i think* hurrah!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

It seems to work for me as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Yes, my first boards beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Hey!

I'm new around here but I'll defo turn up this time, even pencilled it into my calendar ;)

Eep, potentially not around that weekend either...planning another trip to the mo'land. Possibly.

So, what pub are we going to for this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So, what pub are we going to for this?

Hmm, not sure yet. I shall try to find somewhere suitable in Balham. I'll have details posted up and reminder texts sent out by this weekend to make sure folks haven't forgotten, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Hmm, not sure yet. I shall try to find somewhere suitable in Balham. I'll have details posted up and reminder texts sent out by this weekend to make sure folks haven't forgotten, etc.

Need an excuse to go to that book shop

• Advertisement

/bump for beers!

Right gang, sorry for the delay in finding a place - not being a Balhamite I don't know what pubs are good in the area so I'm relying on scary men living in their mum's basements and pretending to be teenage girlsthe Internet for advice.

We'll kick things off at The Clarence on Balham High Road, around 8ish. The address is 90-92, Balham High Rd, London, SW12 9AG and Google Maps should give you directions if you search for the post code. It looks to be roughly the same distance from Clapham South and Balham tube stations, so take your pick.

Since I've not been to this pub before, it may well turn out to be crap and force us to move elsewhere on the night, so if you're planning on coming along and haven't already sent me your number please PM me and let me know - either send me your number or at least ask for mine, so that you don't get stuck trying to find us half an hour after we move elsewhere.

I will more than likely pop along for just a few as I am ridiculously poor :eek:

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I will more than likely pop along for just a few as I am ridiculously poor :eek:

Hope mammy's dinners were tasty :) Have you considered the fine art of having a large handbag containing a naggin of your choice and, as far as the barstaff know, only having soft drinks? I'm told it works wonders for those of a wallet-deficient disposition...

Have you considered the fine art of having a large handbag containing a naggin of your choice and, as far as the barstaff know, only having soft drinks? I'm told it works wonders for those of a wallet-deficient disposition...

/facepalm

Sweetheart, you sound like you're trying to corrupt the youth...

/facepalm

Sweetheart, you sound like you're trying to corrupt the youth...

My days of smuggling naggins came to an end when I was kicked out of a certain pub in Cork for it. Dark days...dark days

I'll not be gracing you all with my presence as I'm hitting Limerick and Cork for a few days and I shan't be back (...until next week). But I hope you have a wondrous time dahn sahf.

is this happening? naggin smuggling and all?

is this happening? naggin smuggling and all?

Not sure about the naggin smuggling but the slight booziness in a public house is planned for tonight alright. You coming along?

• Advertisement

Not sure about the naggin smuggling but the slight booziness in a public house is planned for tonight alright. You coming along?

meant to reply to a text earlier this week...oops:( possibly, likely.

Advertisement