Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mice in quad

• 27-06-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

quad wouldnt start today. I knew it was mice after eating the wires again before i even looked. This is the 3rd time now
    There's 4 wires completely gone and 3 more with only a couple of strands left. Anyone any ideas of how to stop this.
    I have it parked in a shed where we keep some meal which is not ideal but this is the only shed i can lock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

leave a cat or 2 in the shed with them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jm99 wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas of how to stop this.

Yes, it's the feed that's drawing the mice. I would look at how you have it stored and vermin proof it. Make sure you sweep up and dispose of any spills, every grain possible.

For the first time last Winter I had to use Storm for rats, I had forgotten about a bag of barley at the back of the shed. I won't be doing that again.

Get lengths of down pipe say three foot long or indeed proper bait boxes would be better still. Wear gloves, crush up the storm and mix it with peanut butter and place it in the middle of the pipe/bait box.

Careful with cats around feed.

The most important thing is to take away the reason they've come in in the first place, food! Pick up and dispose of any bodies you find also, again, use gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

johngalway wrote: »
    Yes, it's the feed that's drawing the mice. I would look at how you have it stored and vermin proof it. Make sure you sweep up and dispose of any spills, every grain possible.

For the first time last Winter I had to use Storm for rats, I had forgotten about a bag of barley at the back of the shed. I won't be doing that again.

Get lengths of down pipe say three foot long or indeed proper bait boxes would be better still. Wear gloves, crush up the storm and mix it with peanut butter and place it in the middle of the pipe/bait box.

Careful with cats around feed.

The most important thing is to take away the reason they've come in in the first place, food! Pick up and dispose of any bodies you find also, again, use gloves.

Yea, storm is the business allright. You can even buy small pelletised stuff so there's no need to crush it. If you buy a 1kg box of storm, only put 100g of it every week so that they don't bring it all back to the nest before they feast on it. Also, you can buy some very cheap and secure bait boxes on ebay which won't be accessible to cats (or kids)

I just bought one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEAMT7eU35k for my father. He's been talking about them for ages. He rang connacht agri about them several times, but they don't seem to have them in stock. Got if from Amazon for €30. Will let you know how it works.

Advertisement