Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic Irish Server

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

With much interest in this, I thought wouldn't it be great for all the irish to be on one server rather than spread out over many (e.g. WoW ) So I have included a poll to figure out what kind of server most of us want to play on. Then for all Irish players interested in making an irish server our own, please refer back here to find out which one we have chosen.

The advantage of this is that we could have some irish guilds/groups from other games setting up a big irish guild, or alot of smaller irish guilds on the server to choose from.

Why type of server would you like to play on 147 votes

PvP (Players versus Player)
    0% 0 votes
    RP (Role Playing)
    48% 71 votes
    RPPvP (Role Play and Player versus Player)
    10% 15 votes
    Normal
    17% 25 votes
    I dont understand
    24% 36 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I didn't think MMO's offered dedicated servers... How would we make a server of our own?

Anyway, I'm more interested in PvE RP myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has to be PvP. Much more fun to be had. And it wouldn't be our server, as in we physically own the server, but a server where we all roll on.

Chances are there will be a common server that a lot of us join, only for it to be invaded by Russians or become massivly over-populated, and then we all spread out onto different server, only to all roll alts on a new server 6 months later and then we all cancel our accounts, and bemoan the creation of a boards.ie guild...

I'm not bitter/jaded :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm actually really looking forward to it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

You should of asked faction aswel....sith ofc!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Gandalph wrote: »
    You should of asked faction aswel....sith ofc!! ;)

Myself and my friends are interested in a pvp server. Most of us will be going to play sith. Currently alot of us are playing WoW on doomhammer eu. Regardless of what faction people choose ( Sith Empire/Republic) we would like all irish players on the one server. We have already set up a sith empire guild If anyone is interested in playing Republic they should still join the same server if they want to make the suggested server an irish one.

Erin Go Bragh Guild is not a boards.ie guild. Our officer team is very structured and many of us are real life mates, we want to increase our ranks so if you desire an irish server and an irish sith guild then please sign up on the link above. Hopefully a structured Republic guild will come forward and do the same on the irish server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Yeh Im interested in the PvP fo sho! If its anything like wow I cant be arsed committing my full time to raiding (final year of college yada yada.) and will prob just spend my game life hunting the majority of 12 year old kids that all role jedi

my mistake when choosing a server on WoW, was not knowing what pvp was or meant. wasnt till i was properly settled on a pve server that I found out. So im not making that mistake again, this time its PVP server sith side and im going to take 6 years back pay of ganking out on them little jedi folk

looking like most would want pvp as i thought:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I will probably go whatever server my guildies go, but if alot arnt playing Sotor ill jump on this bandwagon ;)

TheDoc wrote: »
    I will probably go whatever server my guildies go, but if alot arnt playing Sotor ill jump on this bandwagon ;)

hey doc, would be great if u guys joined the same server as us, i presume u guys also want a pvp server. Even if u guys went republic.

• Advertisement

Omphin wrote: »

hey doc, would be great if u guys joined the same server as us, i presume u guys also want a pvp server. Even if u guys went republic.

Genuinely not sure what class or side im going to make. this game is running the tisk of being mass lightsabre vill with no other classes.

Ill probsbly go whatever side the guildies go if they even get the game tbh. been looking forward for this for ages

im going to laugh at the jedi's with their lightsabres while i pick them off at range, going Imperial agent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

PvP - A hole other kettle of fish when it comes to player ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll be playing on an RP server, but I tihnk it'd be worth trying to sort out a server for poeple to go at in each category - After all, I wouldn't be willing to change the style of game I wanted to play just to have people around, but I would love it.

Though, that said, server choice for me depends to an extent on where our guild ends up lumped.

Anyone else going RP? Poll says there's 3 more of ye, we should try and sort something.

Raphael wrote: »
    I'll be playing on an RP server, but I tihnk it'd be worth trying to sort out a server for poeple to go at in each category - After all, I wouldn't be willing to change the style of game I wanted to play just to have people around, but I would love it.

Though, that said, server choice for me depends to an extent on where our guild ends up lumped.

Anyone else going RP? Poll says there's 3 more of ye, we should try and sort something.

Raphael, if u like u can create ur guild already and start recruiting here for the RP server See http://www.swtor.com/guilds. Currently our Sith pvp guild is recruiting at Erin Go Bragh

Yeah, we already have ours up as well, the Ubiqtorate. Imperial non-force users, baby!

(anyone interested, drop me an email, or apply there)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

thanks for the link nice shots places are looking fairly empty hmmm

Raging I'm not in beta, applied ages ago, it asked if youd beta tested other MMO's and I thought being part of alot of previous mmos might get me an invite : /

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

Some gameplay vids have been posted on youtube, not sure how long they'll be there though.

http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/07/star-wars-old-republic-beta-gameplay.html#disqus_thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Raging I'm not in beta, applied ages ago, it asked if youd beta tested other MMO's and I thought being part of alot of previous mmos might get me an invite : /

I've been beta testing MMO's and doing reviews for shall not be named online gaming site for many years, and I have to admit I was disappointed at not getting a Beta invite.

SWTOR has been the one MMO I've been closely watching and keeping an eye since it was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I myself will be playing on a PvP server i have made a guild with some people so far 6 of us have pre-ordered the game, if anybody needs a guild or such just PM me, and il send you the guild link!

I started a guild aimed for hardcore style of end game play with some friends.

If you wanna' know more or even thinking of joining visit the website http://www.fuseguild.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Running a multifaction RP guild with some mates from online and old MMOs, Raphael if you're interested we'd be happy to run as an allied Imperial/adversarial Republic guild with you guys.

garathbah and magicirl, if you guys could PM me about us choosing a server together to place our guilds on, i would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Has to be PvP.

I also propose we don't create a boards guild which we will only ditch after a few weeks and then forget about after the free months play has ended.

I also am not bitter/jaded :(

As good as "community" guilds are, they fail more times then they succeed.

Playing on the same server is good enough, there is no need to be guild affiliated with each other. Granted, it can add to the banter and craic to be smashing endgame content with friends, but you can still chat, team up and interact with those outside the guild.

Sounds like a good idea, drop me a link at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I will be playing on a PvP server, our guild has like 8 members atm, we will be playing republic :D, will play on any PvP server so just tell me the server when you can and il get them on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Is PvP the same as PvE but you can attack players also?

Have only played guild wars and in that you had to go to a special area for PvP you couldn't attack (or meet) another player when on a mission.

Advertisement