Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic Irish Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Yeah PvP will be on in most zones except for starting zones etc, makes it more fun to level IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

It depends on the server.

On a PvE / RP server, You cannot attack other players, unless they've been flagged for PvP. Meaning they've enabled it themselves either by using a command "/pvp" or by attacking the enemy factions players who were themselves flagged.

On a PvP / PvP RP server, you can attack anyone at any time while in neutral terrirtory. If you're sitting in your start-off area, your PvP will be disabled, but as soon as you venture into neutral land where you'll see the enemy faction, anything goes.

My motto is jump them before they jump you, even if you die it's part of the fun. Sometimes you'll even surprise yourself and take 2/3 targets on at once. (if you know your class)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PvP servers are always better. Sure, they can be annoying at times (I'm looking at you AoC :mad:) but it definitely adds to the levelling experience when there's always a chance of getting attacked.

Gogo gankparty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm not a fan of always on PvP - I like being PvP tagged most of the time, and I will be on TOR, but it's nice to be able to just turn it off and game in peace. As an example, in WoW if I was grinding skinning, I'd turn PvP tags the hell off, because I didn't want someone wandering up and ganking me, and then having to do a corpse run (was below level cap at the time). Also, I RP in MMOs, and RP-PvP servers are rife with griefing jackasses who are only there to gank RPers. Also, being killed tends to disrupt ones RP.

Omphin wrote: »
    garathbah and magicirl, if you guys could PM me about us choosing a server together to place our guilds on, i would appreciate it.
    Once Guilds phase 2 launches, you'll be able to select enemy/ally guilds, and they'll try and keep them on servers together, so you should use that to link up. Since they're doing the guild pre-regging, you won't be able to pick which server you go on, unless you wait till after launch to start the guild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Raphael wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea, drop me a link at some point

Can find us either here or here, depending on whether you're looking for the Republic or Imperial side. Really must get the guild website and other stuff set up in the next while so I can get the rest of the lads who haven't signed up yet to do so. Only problem I can see so far seems to be we'll have to get eight distinct preorders in to ensure both sides of the guild are ready for headstart, and that's assuming all editions headstart at the same time.

Cool, I'll mention it to my Guild Leader, as I mentioned already in this thread, we're here.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

so just a recap on what guilds have posted here so far

PvP:

Republic: Honour Guard

Imperial: Erin Go Bragh Fuse
    Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Republic: Mournival

Imperial: Mournival Ubiqtorate

Normal

Republic:

Imperial:

if i missed any please correct me

My guild is called Honour Guard will be playing PvP, republic ofc :D

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/78953/honour-guard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Definitely PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

I'm not a fan of always on PvP - I like being PvP tagged most of the time, and I will be on TOR, but it's nice to be able to just turn it off and game in peace. As an example, in WoW if I was grinding skinning, I'd turn PvP tags the hell off, because I didn't want someone wandering up and ganking me, and then having to do a corpse run (was below level cap at the time). Also, I RP in MMOs, and RP-PvP servers are rife with griefing jackasses who are only there to gank RPers. Also, being killed tends to disrupt ones RP.

Once Guilds phase 2 launches, you'll be able to select enemy/ally guilds, and they'll try and keep them on servers together, so you should use that to link up. Since they're doing the guild pre-regging, you won't be able to pick which server you go on, unless you wait till after launch to start the guild.

I have some bad memories of PvP servers as well, it seemed to be pretty routine to have lvl 60's hanging around lowbie quest zones 24/7 just to piss off people. I remember trying to doing levelling quests around Tarren Mill in Wow, gave up after a few days. I'm not a masochist.

That said it is great fun when it is a somewhat fair fight, or you happen upon some poor lowbie in the process of being ganked and then the gankers become gankees. :)

Yeah, mate of mine used to hang out in his own newbie areas just to gank gankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Methionine

Yeah, mate of mine used to hang out in his own newbie areas just to gank gankers.

I 'might' just roll on a PvP server just to do that myself. Ganking griefers is quite satisfying.

Yeah, Chaotic Good griefing is always fun.

PvP:

Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Imperial: Mournival Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists ( imperial Loyalists, may be moving to a pvp server, waiting on confirmation from KorranGast )

Normal

Republic:

Imperial:

As of yet i have not heard from any Irish run, Role playing PvP or Normal guilds to be listed.

If you know of any, please reply here and ill add them to the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KorranGast

Hi all,

KorranGast here leader of the Imperial Loyalists Guild.

Linky

4 members ATM, 2 being Irish and the other two coming from my old guild in SWG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

KorranGast wrote: »
    Hi all,

KorranGast here leader of the Imperial Loyalists Guild.

Linky

4 members ATM, 2 being Irish and the other two coming from my old guild in SWG.

Can't imagine you'll get too many Irish people joining a guild with "Loyalists" in the name

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can't imagine you'll get too many Irish people joining a guild with "Loyalists" in the name

Not the good kind anyway :P

Obviously a joke btw...

• Advertisement

The Guild was not started by me. It was started back in 2003 in SWG by people from all over europe and the US, I am just keeping the guild name going until launch. Its name has f##k all to do with any type of polictical views. Rant over

doncarlos wrote: »

Shows how much of a nerd I am, my brain went straight to 40Ks Loyalist Space Marines.

lol, A few of us are fans of WH 40k alright. It was a long running multi natonial RP guild. Great fun with plenty of raids.

Aye 40K/WHF fans tend to be a fairly tight-knit bunch, especially when we're slagging one another off for our factional/racial preferences. One of the primary reasons it took me so long to give WoW a proper go was because of my loyalty to the IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As of yet i have not heard from any Irish run, Role playing PvP or Normal guilds to be listed.

Me and a mate from ATT probably going to drop you a line about joining, we plan to take up Sotor but not alot of guildies from WoW are, but either or looking for a little irish community to take over the galaxy with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I have applied for the guild through swtor.com just to let you know! If need to contact me you can message me on here or there

Good to get so much feedback on establishing irish servers. Ill keep the list updated. Remember to tell people to post here if they are making a guild, also anyone looking for a guild just check through the list im sure theres one that will suit you

PvP:

Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Imperial: Mournival Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists ( imperial Loyalists, may be moving to a pvp server, waiting on confirmation from KorranGast )

Normal

Republic:

Imperial:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ahoy!

TiG will be joining going into this from Day 1. We will be playing Sith on a Normal server, with a view to playing PVE content. This will be semi-casual affair and although we expect to progress we will not be going too hardcore. We already have a fair number of players committed to playing but we would welcome a couple more bodies if anyone is interested.

We are mainly Irish, but not exclusively so.

Our website : http://www.theirishguard.com

And our Guild page : http://www.swtor.com/guilds/9212/irish-guard

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

^^
    Forgot to add.

Mainly ex-WoW players.

Also, after players 18+

Advertisement