Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic Irish Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Applied to Erin Go Bragh there under the name Furyio.

Have flagged TiG aswell incase something goes wrong and I need to look elsewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I actually voted Normal (which i assume is PVE as that wasnt an option)

but if enough people were going RP id surely drop into an RP server no biggie.

There's about 6 of my mates all playing too so im gonna have to see what server there all playing on once i know what server were all playing on boards im sure i can make a charisma check and bluff them into joining the server we all go on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Our guild is going RP, and there's 4 of us (the other 3 aren't boardsies). There's also a pretty large RP community building on a site called www.swtor-rp.com, who'll all be trying to stick together. So there'll be at least one server with a decent RP community, if numbers going for it was your concern. European guilds of the places from that site is heavily Imperial though, so you may or may not enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Aye, old RP guildie of mine from WAR directed me there a while back Raph. Looks like it should be good for getting a thriving RP community together from the get-go.

Speaking of RP, I really need to get the guild website in order first but just haven't managed to get the time between work/setting up for college. Have the vast majority of the RP for the guild set up in the back of the noggin but it's just a case of getting it down on paper.

Yeah, once I've a clearer idea of when things get to happen, I'm going to sit down, figure out character details and try generate some backstory connections through there, will be great to be able to hit the ground running on that sort of thing.

I sympathise completely on the getting guild stuff together - I've spent the last few weeks trying to pry my guild leader out of the Witcher 2 long enough for him to upload some content to the nice pretty website I made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Can't freaking wait for this. I'm open to joining a guild. I'm gonna be a hardcore social player. Also 100% gonna be on a pvp server. They are just way more fun and also it's burned into my DNA ever since Ultima Online all those years ago :P

Raphael wrote: »
    Yeah, once I've a clearer idea of when things get to happen, I'm going to sit down, figure out character details and try generate some backstory connections through there, will be great to be able to hit the ground running on that sort of thing.

Yeah exactly, it makes things a lot easier as well from a guild standpoint when everyone knows "who they are" essentially and "why they're fighting". This is my first time actually running an RP guild right from launch so I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. Biggest thing for me wouldn't be ending up with say 200+ people in the guild but rather having a group who really get and are dedicated towards developing the story behind the guild.

The major wall I'm coming up against is that even though we're multifaction, I'd be a permanently Light-Side aligned player even developing my Sith characters that way, so I'm retroactively trying to give people who want to play Dark Side characters as solid an RP experience.
    Raphael wrote: »
    I sympathise completely on the getting guild stuff together - I've spent the last few weeks trying to pry my guild leader out of the Witcher 2 long enough for him to upload some content to the nice pretty website I made.

Heh wish I had someone like you then Raph, I wouldn't be that knacky at putting together a website or designing graphics etc. Did you build it from scratch or use a prefab host like Shivtr?

Half and half, I built it myself, but I used Wordpress and phpBB to save myself a lot of groundwork. Also I'm a prertty pants graphic designer, but my guild leader's not too bad, so he did that aspect of it. Website is over at Ubiqtorate.com, if you want to take a gander.

Enjin seems to be a pretty nice service if you're not too tech-savvy, handles all the hard bits and just lets you play with the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

even though i used to play loads of RP board games, for some reason i'm not sure if i would roll on a RP server, if not for the sake of being with friends or if i think RP people would be taking a few things more seriously and i wouldn't have to walk around the market and reading names like "sneezealot", "metalarm", "ifekyaarse" or "smellyfart"... same goes for guilds with idiot names...

... i'll be rolling pvp (for a change of the pve server i am in now in warcraft)... but only did today the pre-order and signed in for the forum... tomorrow after work i'll sit and, hopefully, read a bit more about it

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

New list posted below

• Advertisement

PvP:

Republic: Honour Guard

Imperial: Erin Go Bragh Fuse Imperial Loyalists

Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Republic: Mournival

Imperial: Mournival Ubiqtorate

Normal

Republic:

Imperial: The Irish Guard

With the new guild ally feature, i sent out mine today

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/73048/erin-go-bragh

I'd like to encourage more people to come join us and bring your friends. May the Craic be with you!

Not sure where things stand at the minute with Mournival unfortunately guys, two of our players have decided to drop out and indeed due to my own short-sightedness one side of the guild on SWTOR.com will have to join another version due to me forgetting two guilds can't have the same name on the one server. As things stand we may either convert to an entirely single faction guild with others joining adversarial guilds for opposite faction fun or folding altogether.

Not sure where things stand at the minute with Mournival unfortunately guys, two of our players have decided to drop out and indeed due to my own short-sightedness one side of the guild on SWTOR.com will have to join another version due to me forgetting two guilds can't have the same name on the one server. As things stand we may either convert to an entirely single faction guild with others joining adversarial guilds for opposite faction fun or folding altogether.

I would encourage you to either merge with Ubiqtorate on the Imperial side or else work on Mournival on the republic side and set up an adversary with Ubiqtorate. You could work out a system to keep alts in each others guild and get a nice irish base on an RP realm together.

Erin Go Bragh will be allied with Fuse and Imperial Loyalists. Honour Guard will be our Adversaries on a pvp realm

[Also for any interested, Erin Go Bragh is open to all irish to come join us in this new experience, We have decided to go on a pvp server cause lets face it, its a hell of alot more fun, and playing as Sith on a pvp server, having a few beers chatting with other irish while ganking together is the life]

Yeah, I can't say for definite that's how things will go (need to chat with a mate in another Sith guild first) but if Raph and his GL are OK with it that might be the most sensible thing.

Yeah, I can't say for definite that's how things will go (need to chat with a mate in another Sith guild first) but if Raph and his GL are OK with it that might be the most sensible thing.
    Honestly, it depends on you guys - Ubiqtorate will be a much heavier RP guild than ye were looking at, and it's non-Force user restricted. I'm pretty middle of the road in terms of my personal RP preferences, but for my GL, RP is a big deal. If you're ok with that, though, I can have a chat with my GL, but I doubt he'd say no to numbers.

It's probably not going to be a problem Raph, of the guys remaining only my brother is a non-RPer and even then he'll probably give it a shot. All the rest of us are former heavy-RPers from WAR. Are you guys planning to use Vent/Mumble for communication or is it strictly in-game chat?

Dunno, to be perfectly frank. For the time being we've been mainly thinking about IC logistics, not OOC ones. Will point my GL at this thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'm probably going to play on an Imperial PvP server. How exactly do RP servers work, it looks like it could be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Berdrin

Hullo,

As the Ubiqtorate GL in question, I definitely wouldn't say no to more members, but it's all really about what you guys want to do in SWTOR :) While the Ubiqtorate will aim to be pretty heavily involved in roleplay, we're still going to be doing flashpoints and Warzones, and hopefully Operations as well.

The greater difficulty I see is that the guild's IC ideology excludes the two Force using classes of the Empire. While in time that may loosen OOCly for alts and the likes, it's still a pretty big hurdle at the start.

That said, if you guys intend to roleplay, and the idea behind the Ubiqtorate strikes you as interesting, then you're more than welcome to hop aboard ! Our website is at Ubiqtorate.com (SWTOR guild site is here) and most of the info is there. I think using Vent or Mumble (do they still do TeamSpeak ? Ah, the good ol' days...) is a pretty good idea, though personally I would mostly use it for instancing and PvP. Also, as Raph has said, we're pretty involved over at SWTOR-RP where a guild chain has been started that'll facilitate the guilds from the EU community to be (hopefully) placed on the same server at launch.

deconduo, RP servers work broadly the same way as non-RP servers as far as the game goes, except that players roleplay as their characters when they're not doing other game activities (or sometimes even when they're doing those !). It's a great social activity that, for me at least, seriously extends the lifespan of any MMO...

• Advertisement

Cheers for the reply Berdrin, I hadn't realised/had forgotten you guys were a non-Force-using guild officially which definitely runs counter to what I and the others hand planned for the Imperial side of things which was pretty heavily Force-User dominated. I'll talk it over with the lads but chances are I think we''ll probably look elsewhere but cheers again for the look-in.

Cheers for the reply Berdrin, I hadn't realised/had forgotten you guys were a non-Force-using guild officially which definitely runs counter to what I and the others hand planned for the Imperial side of things which was pretty heavily Force-User dominated. I'll talk it over with the lads but chances are I think we''ll probably look elsewhere but cheers again for the look-in.

ZeitgeistGlee if you can let me know and ill update the guild list. Or feel free to update it yourself on this thread when you know what your doing:)

Yeah, no worries Omphin, I'll let you know as soon as I'm able.

PvP:

Imperial: Erin Go Bragh Fuse Imperial Loyalists
    http://www.swtor.com/guilds/223708/diskey-whisco
    Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Republic: Mournival

Imperial: Mournival Ubiqtorate

Normal

Republic:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

All these sith guilds :pac:, Honour Guard are gonna make you all look silly!;)

Sadly Mournival won't make it to launch, based on discussions I've had with the remainder of our core members we've decided to merge into DOT run by former guildies and alliance members from WAR. They're a similar EU RP guild to Mournival (though they're more Republic than neutral as we were) and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Irish players looking for an RP guild join up.

Below is a list of guilds run by Irish Guild leaders or actively recruiting irish people. Alliances and Adversaries have been set up between some of these guilds in an effort to keep as many irish playing on the one realm as possible.

PvP:

Imperial: Erin Go Bragh Fuse Imperial Loyalists Diskey Whisco

Role Playing PvP

Republic:

Imperial:

Role Playing:

Republic: DOT

Imperial: Ubiqtorate

Normal

Republic:

Hm, interestingly DOT seems to have share 2 guild ally/enemy links with Ubiqtorate - small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I'm currently stateside but would love to play with you lads. I heard that the release is going to be region free. So I assuming that it would not be a problem joining and playing with one of the guilds?

• Advertisement

Eireannach wrote: »
    I'm currently stateside but would love to play with you lads. I heard that the release is going to be region free. So I assuming that it would not be a problem joining and playing with one of the guilds?

Cool, just have a look at what type of server you wanna play on and apply to any of the guilds. List is just above.

Advertisement