Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic Irish Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Eager to find out what server your #SWTOR Guild will be placed on? Your Guild HQ update is coming on Monday!

2 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/swtor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Awesome. Here's hoping the EU RP-PvE servers have better names than the English ones that were up over the beta weekends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I never played on and RP server, any major differences?
    Im half afraid to roll on one for fear of some mad weirdos giving me grief because im not acting like im rolelaying :P

Well it is a roleplaying server after all mate. :p

All joking aside, in my experience generally on RP servers even if you don't RP so long as you don't intentionally attempt to subvert other people's RP 95% are OK with it.

Try to keep the blatantly out-of-character/universe stuff to private channels or if you're badly stuck frame it in parentheses ((Really stuck on quest X, can anyone who knows how to do it whisper me with help?)) alternatively if you could even try to RP it a little that's even better "Quest X represents a grave threat/a vital interest to the Empire/Republic, who is with me?" as a quick example.

Nobody on an RP serve beyond the really heavy guys expect you to be totally in character all the time in every channel writing out essay length RP posts as to how your character develops. A good portion of the population are always non RPers (who usually become Light RPers after a couple of months/years) who are just there for the more mature/less l33t/n00b-driven community.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

First RP server i played on waas a AOC one was pretty cool had a few people that kinda went over the top attacking players about there names and so on but the majority of RPers where pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In fairness, people with inappropriate names are both
    A) big immersion breakers and
    B) a very good sign that someone's not an RPer, so a lot of RPers react to it poorly

Edit: And yeah, so long as you have a name that's not in the vein of DarthSkywalker, keep OOC stuff (Out of character) off the say channel (don't worry about general, in my experience most serious RPers kill it anyway), and are respectful of peoples RP, you won't get any grief from people. Hell, there are RP servers where RPers are the minority, and everyone else is just rolling there for the maturity level.

On the name thing, random will usually get you a decent looking/sounding name if you give it a couple of tries.

RP servers on SWTOR though have no actual RP ruleset, they're just suggested servers for those looking to RP together with others. Unfortunately that means if someone named DarthRevanSkywalker pops up you won't be able to report the name.

Ubiqtorate have been placed on "The Progenitor"

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Honour Guard: Assigned to Server Basilisk Droid

GarethBah wrote: »
    Honour Guard: Assigned to Server Basilisk Droid

Cool, hopefully ATT, EGB and the other guilds will get that same server, ill report back when we get our email

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    Ubiqtorate have been placed on "The Progenitor"

Wonder if we've ended up there too.

Omphin wrote: »
    Cool, hopefully ATT, EGB and the other guilds will get that same server, ill report back when we get our email

I didnt check my email, login on swtor.com and go to swtor.com/guilds says it there

Wonder if we've ended up there too.

If not maybe you guys can organise something between you, fingers crossed, let us know :)

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    Yes, we have high load on #SWTOR.com - expect some slowdown. No, the servers you're seeing right now via guilds are *not* the final list.

EGB allocated to Basilisk Droid Server :)

no info on EGB just yet on swtor.com/guilds, just says something about a disturbance in the force :mad:

f5 more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

The Irish Guard have been assigned to Frostclaw

Here is an updated list of guild server placement as of 12/12/2011 this may be subject to change and i will try to keep it updated as much as possible.

Player vs Player
    SERVER: BASILISK DROID

Republic: Honour Guard

Imperial: (Erin Go Bragh ATT *) Fuse Diskey Whisco

Player vs Player
    SERVER: SCEPTER OF RAGNOS

Imperial:Gears of Phwoar

Role Playing
    SERVER: THE PROGENITOR

Republic:

Imperial: Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists

Player vs Environment
    SERVER: FROSTCLAW

Republic:

Imperial: The Irish Guard

* (Erin Go Bragh Will merge and join ATT on dec 26th.)

Did all of us PvP people get the same server :o?

*edit* not all of the guilds listed in PvP are on the same server

My guild has ended up on Trask Ulgo so unfortunately that means no teaming up with or against Ubiquitous. :(

• Advertisement

My guild has ended up on Trask Ulgo so unfortunately that means no teaming up with or against Ubiquitous. :(

what was the guild name? i dont think i have it on the list, also u can choose to not go with the placement if u talk with guild officers and role on what server u want

Aw. That sucks - have fun over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I cannot waiiit! Is there a reason Erin Go Bragh and ATT are waiting till 26th to merge?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I cannot waiiit! Is there a reason Erin Go Bragh and ATT are waiting till 26th to merge?

Some of the new recruits are as of yet unaware of the merger, so to ensure everyone knows about it, giving people a week to log on and get informed

Here is an updated list of guild server placement as of 12/12/2011 this may be subject to change and i will try to keep it updated as much as possible.

Player vs Player
    SERVER: BASILISK DROID

Republic: Honour Guard

Imperial: (Erin Go Bragh ATT *) Fuse Diskey Whisco

Player vs Player
    SERVER: SCEPTER OF RAGNOS

Imperial:Gears of Phwoar

Role Playing
    SERVER: THE PROGENITOR

Republic:

Imperial: Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists

Player vs Environment
    SERVER: FROSTCLAW

Republic:

Imperial: The Irish Guard

* (Erin Go Bragh Will merge and join ATT on dec 26th.)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Anyone in EGB or intending to be in the merged guild can ye create an account on:

http://www.att-outland.com/phpBB3/index.php

Pop a post in the public forum for access.

The domain name is based off our old WoW guild and will be sorted eventually for anyone who is wondering ;)

Be nice to get people from other guilds signing up as well for a bit of banter and chatter so by all means create an account just let me know on the public post that you won't be in the guild though!

what was the guild name? i dont think i have it on the list, also u can choose to not go with the placement if u talk with guild officers and role on what server u want

DOT. GL isn't looking to recruit any more for the moment though.

Fair bit of rumbling about where SWTOR-RP.com's EU guilds are going seeing as apparently things are roughly split between Ulgo and Progenitor at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Grim. wrote: »
    The Irish Guard have been assigned to Frostclaw

Nurofen Plus are on frostclaw too Republic side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will these servers be locked down at launch to guild only members? If not, i'll probably join Basilisk Droid, Republic side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Kiith wrote: »
    Will these servers be locked down at launch to guild only members? If not, i'll probably join Basilisk Droid, Republic side.

Nobody is locked to any server. If a guild got a wrong server or a player changed his mind about guild etc he/she could just join any online server

Advertisement