Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic Irish Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I'm looking to join a Pve server with a good amount of Irish on it. From what I see here is Frostclaw my best bet for Pve? Hoping to be playing once I get home this afternoon, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Eoin247 wrote: »
    I'm looking to join a Pve server with a good amount of Irish on it. From what I see here is Frostclaw my best bet for Pve? Hoping to be playing once I get home this afternoon, can't wait.

I would just join Basilisk droid tbh as more of us are on it.

Yes, its a pvp server but there is good segregation on all the maps so you won't see many of the opposing faction while you quest. You have to go looking for them.

The normal reasons to pick PvE over PvP don't really apply in this game as it's impossible to be ganked. When you die by the hand of another player, you get about 20 seconds of stealth when you respawn so you can just run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

A list of the Irish Guilds on Basilisk Droid.

SERVER: BASILISK DROID

Republic: Honour Guard Dramattic

Imperial: Dawn Herald Diskey Whisco

Hmm, i already started and leveled an imperial bounty hunter before reading this again on Frostclaw.

I might roll another character on basilisk droid as well. For pvp who's better on basilisk droid? Or are they fairly even unlike most servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hmm, i already started and leveled an imperial bounty hunter before reading this again on Frostclaw.

I might roll another character on basilisk droid as well. For pvp who's better on basilisk droid? Or are they fairly even unlike most servers?
    It depends how you define 'better'. Imperials have the numbers advantage definitely. The Republic population either isn't as interested in PvP or is just smaller overall.

If you mean 'better' as in skill wise, then as you'd expect the vast majority of pugs are awful on both sides, but both sides do have a minority of well organised PvP guilds which are a lot more fun to go against.

I would say though that from what I've seen of the Republic PvPers, the more hardcore ones seem to be dominated by a couple of the Polish speaking guilds. If you speak Polish that would be fine, but if not, it might be an idea to roll Imperial as the hardcore pvp Imp guilds form a larger lingual base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

I joined Frostclaw the other day too. Any idea how to contact someone on The Irish Guard? (Or any other Irish Sith guild)

Trevor O wrote: »
    I joined Frostclaw the other day too. Any idea how to contact someone on The Irish Guard? (Or any other Irish Sith guild)

If they dont respond here, then come to Basilisk Droid Server, Imperial side and we will send you an invite. Guild name is "Dawn Herald".

Thanks but I've already started two characters on this server. :)

Trevor O wrote: »
    Thanks but I've already started two characters on this server. :)

no problem, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Thinking about picking this up later and giving it a go 55 euro for a digital download though seems a bit steep is it really worth it? ive heard some people say it gets boring after a while?

Also im seeing frostclaw and basilik droid are the servers with the most irish which would be the better and most active one to join? I was in EGB in WoW for a while before it disbanded does dawn herald use TS or Vent

• Advertisement

I bought a physical copy in Gamestop for 50. Might save you a few bob.

IgsTer wrote: »
    Thinking about picking this up later and giving it a go 55 euro for a digital download though seems a bit steep is it really worth it? ive heard some people say it gets boring after a while?

Also im seeing frostclaw and basilik droid are the servers with the most irish which would be the better and most active one to join? I was in EGB in WoW for a while before it disbanded does dawn herald use TS or Vent

Dawn Herald is the new name for EGB on the basilisk Droid server. I was GM of EGB on doomhammer, your more than welcome to come imperial side and get in touch for an invite

Omphin wrote: »
    Dawn Herald is the new name for EGB on the basilisk Droid server. I was GM of EGB on doomhammer, your more than welcome to come imperial side and get in touch for an invite

Cheers just bought the game tonight rolled an imperial agent on basalik droid. How do i go about getting invite? characters name is Igster

Cheers just bought the game tonight rolled an imperial agent on basalik droid. How do i go about getting invite? characters name is Igster

when you get in game open chat and " /who "
    Then type the name " Dawn Herald " in the box at the top and click on the magnify glass. that will bring up a list of our guild members online, ask anyone of them if theres someone online to invite you to the guild. I'll be at work today till 11pm but ill try log on and check for you at different times throughout the day. Add Thosc, Troika and Seven'six to your friends list too, and /w one of us when we are online.

Ah i see ill give that a go next time im on which should be at some point today if not ill most likely be on all day tomorrow :)

Kool cheers ill add those guys as well..loving the game so far but then again i am only level 5 :rolleyes:

couldnt decide whether to roll an imperial agent or a sith inquisitor..wanted the whole hybrid thing where i could dps and heal not sure if i made the right choice may give sith inquisitor a go to level 5 as well and see which suits me better

Ah i see ill give that a go next time im on which should be at some point today if not ill most likely be on all day tomorrow :)

Kool cheers ill add those guys as well..loving the game so far but then again i am only level 5 :rolleyes:

couldnt decide whether to roll an imperial agent or a sith inquisitor..wanted the whole hybrid thing where i could dps and heal not sure if i made the right choice may give sith inquisitor a go to level 5 as well and see which suits me better

My advice is to try each of the 4 imperial classes to level 20, or even 15 will give you somewhat an idea of the way the class works, then decide. Take your time and enjoy the story, dont rush to level 50, the level cap will always be there

cheers for the advice usually i do be rushing through quests just to hit the cap but the story seems to be the best part of this game so im going to take my time.

rolled a sith sorcerer and am finding it alot better to play with may switch to my imperial agent/operative the odd time but for the time being am going to stick with the sorc. Asked troika there for an invite and got added to the guild so all sorted now :)

new sorcerer char is "Igs"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im rolling a bounty hunter on The Progenitor server, is there still an irish presence on the sith side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well, there's a me. Does that count?

Player vs Player

SERVER: SCEPTER OF RAGNOS

Imperial:Gears of Phwoar

SERVER: HEX DROID

Imperial :Fuse

Role Playing

SERVER: THE PROGENITOR

Imperial: Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists

Player vs Environment

SERVER: FROSTCLAW

Republic: Nurofen Plus

Imperial: The Irish Guard

• Advertisement

Omphin wrote: »
    Player vs Player

SERVER: SCEPTER OF RAGNOS

Imperial:Gears of Phwoar

SERVER: HEX DROID

Imperial :Fuse

Role Playing

SERVER: THE PROGENITOR

Imperial: Ubiqtorate Imperial Loyalists

Player vs Environment

SERVER: FROSTCLAW

Republic: Nurofen Plus

Imperial: The Irish Guard

Just to let you know only the links of guilds from basilisk droid work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Thats because only the guilds on BD count :P

Seriously though, with the rate that people are leaving the game and the amount of very very empty servers, you would be MAD to go to any other server than BD. There might be an irish "presence" on another serer, but its more than likely a ghost town.

All this is moot if your looking to actually rp of course. In that case get off our land :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Completely forgot to look and see what servers all the boards lads are on. I'm on rogue moon with a lvl 31 Sith Marauder. Anyone else on that server? Should I go to Basilisk Droid when I start my Jedi char?

I'm aware only the links for BD work. I'm only giving a list for the other guilds on other servers its really up to them to promote their own guilds and provide links.The links i had were to the SWTOR guild pages which were removed from their forums. Just out of courtesy to the BD guilds that I took the time to insert their links.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Completely forgot to look and see what servers all the boards lads are on. I'm on rogue moon with a lvl 31 Sith Marauder. Anyone else on that server? Should I go to Basilisk Droid when I start my Jedi char?

If your going republic i recommend Honour Guard if you would like to join us on imperial side i recommend Dawn Herald or Diskey Whisco

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thanks i'll keep them in mind. Will probs be a while before i start another character anyway

Meh :L i rolled another char. ON basilisk droid this time.

My new level 4 imperial agent Herx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

BD is where its at. :)

Deciding to roll republic on BD this time around. Are any of the republic guilds still around? The links provided here don't work anymore.

• Advertisement

Player vs Player

Advertisement