Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walnut stairs onto a Laminate walnut landing

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, when I get my laminate floors layed on my landing (looking at a balterio dark walnut), do I floor out to the edge of the landning, and then allow the stairs crew to drop the stairs onto it, or do I let the stairs drop on the finished concrete floor, and then finish the landning up to it. whats the best way!.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

tred wrote: »
    Just out of interest, when I get my laminate floors layed on my landing (looking at a balterio dark walnut), do I floor out to the edge of the landning, and then allow the stairs crew to drop the stairs onto it, or do I let the stairs drop on the finished concrete floor, and then finish the landning up to it. whats the best way!.

First you will need to find out if the staircase manufacturer allowed for the thickness of the laminate when they measured for the staircase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

slowburner wrote: »
    First you will need to find out if the staircase manufacturer allowed for the thickness of the laminate when they measured for the staircase.

Yeah he asked me yesterday what thickness was tha laminate. So I assume so there dropping it on it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

tred wrote: »
    Yeah he asked me yesterday what thickness was tha laminate. So I assume so there dropping it on it?

Looks like it.

Advertisement