Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ableton Live freezing on NanoKontrol button presses

• 27-06-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hey there, hoping someone could help me out with something really frustrating me.

I'm running Live 8.2.1 on a 15" MacBook Pro (2009 model), PreSonus Firestudio Project, and controlling with a Korg NanoKontrol. I have a part of a song where I use the NanoKontrol's buttons to mash around between 3 different MIDI clips for an Impulse patch, with no quantisation and Legato triggering, but every few presses Live will completely freeze for a second or two. It's never happened with anything other than the NanoKontrol.

I'm thinking I have my MIDI settings wrong. I have my NanoKontrol, Firestudio and an IAC Driver as MIDI input ports, and Firestudio and IAC Driver as output ports. They've all got Track and Remote on, and Sync is off for everything. Now I don't understand exactly what these settings mean, but it had worked fine until I tried this unquantised legato clip juggling.

Could anyone offer any tips? It's really annoying me 'cause the few times it worked alright it sounded great. I'd just recently gotten the Firestudio so I was excited to try the song again with my new interface and the same problem is hanging around.

Thanks for anything...
    Rory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

off the top of my head now ... but try increasing your latency buffer settings to see if that helps (increase it by loads and if it helps then reduce the latency to just above the point where the nano starts freezing)

your midi settings sound ok - my memory isnt perfect on them now -. If the latency dosent work it might be a confilct some where. turn off everything else in midi prefs apart from the the nano and then start turning the others on one by one to see if its any of them thats causing the freezing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hm. Turning off 'track' and just leaving 'remote' on for the NanoKontrol seems to have sorted the problem. I don't know what Track does but I guess I don't need it anyway, all the controllers work fine still.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'm sorted now :)

Advertisement