Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation Lost\Possibly Stolen

Options
  • 27-06-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I lost my HTC Sensation in a taxi on Saturday evening :-( Anyhow I had Wavesecure software on it and while it did track it for a while it then stopped working, around the same time I could not ring it anymore as well! I assumed then it was either turned off or the SIM taken out as there had been lots of charge in the battery. With Wavesecure I was able to lock the phone and display a message to return it along with my partner’s number.....suffice to say no one has called yet so I now feel it's a case of whoever found it wants to steal it!

Rang Vodafone this morning and barred the handset using the IMEI. It will be useless to anyone trying to use it here in Ireland on any network so at least that is something. They told me also should I get it back that the can lift the IMEI block and that was news to me!

I was reading online that if the thief knows what they are doing or brings it to someone that does and they do a hard reset it will remove the Wavsescure application :-( I am sure the people at Wavesecure have some record of the GPS ID on the phone, is it like a MAC address in that it is unique? Also, I can't remember explicitly setting up the software to send a text message if the SIM was changed, is this done by default with Wavesecure? Has anyone been using it and managed to get their phone back?

Cheers,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Sorry to hear about that, did you register at htcsense.com? the site has gps tracking and will lock and erase the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

allen175 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that, did you register at htcsense.com? the site has gps tracking and will lock and erase the phone.

Tried a good few times to register on HTCSense.com but gave up because the website was so so bad....kinda regret not doing it now! Would it have been much better than what Wavesecure was able to offer though? Could it have been tracked regardless of a hard reset etc.??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

madmoe wrote: »
    Tried a good few times to register on HTCSense.com but gave up because the website was so so bad....kinda regret not doing it now! Would it have been much better than what Wavesecure was able to offer though? Could it have been tracked regardless of a hard reset etc.??

Cheers,
    M

Ive no idea. You should try emailing wavesecure and ask them what happens in each case.

Id like to know as well.

I dont think you would be able to lock it down if a hard reset was done because the ID you signed on would be ereased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers,
    M

Ive no idea. You should try emailing wavesecure and ask them what happens in each case.

Id like to know as well.

I dont think you would be able to lock it down if a hard reset was done because the ID you signed on would be ereased.

Have emailed the support guys there and waiting to hear back from them. I hope they have some record of the GPS hardware or whatever the equivalent of a MAC address is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Cheers,
    M

Id like to know as well.

Have emailed the support guys there and waiting to hear back from them. I hope they have some record of the GPS hardware or whatever the equivalent of a MAC address is.....

Well if a hard reset was done wavesecure would be gone of it. Respectively they couldn't lock it or track it anymore since they wouldn't have the resources to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement