Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC not sharing with PS3...Help!

• 27-06-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I can't get my PC to share with my PS3. Any suggestions please..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

What your Nat Type? If it's Type 1, then you can not stream media from PC to PS3. I dont know the technical reasons for this, but when you open you NAT to type 1, it stops media streaming from working

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Are you with Eircom and if so do you have a black ZyXEL modem? If so I think you might be fecked. To this day I still can't get it to work, it's a piece of crap, pretty sure I remember a few threads about it, etc. Won't work with my Xbox either, have another router in the house and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sid77ie

Razleavy wrote: »
    Are you with Eircom and if so do you have a black ZyXEL modem? If so I think you might be fecked. To this day I still can't get it to work, it's a piece of crap, pretty sure I remember a few threads about it, etc. Won't work with my Xbox either, have another router in the house and it works fine.
    I am with Eircom and they just replaced the older grey modem with the black one!Worked fine with the grey one.
    Any point in contacting them about it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

You could try contacting them and asking for the old one back. I'm not sure will they do it, but it's worth a try. I found one of the threads that I was talking about http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055829338

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭BrerWolf

Try going for a Wired connection rather than a wireless.
    And if possible, disable the wireless connection on the PS3.

I had similar problems with the Xbox, and wireless capability on both the console and my pc were causing interference...

• Advertisement
Advertisement