Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM registration fail

Options
  • 27-06-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have an Irish phone that I use when I am home, but when I try turn it on now it keeps saying SIM registration fail. It has been about 11 months since I used it. What is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Has the SIM been in use in another handset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Sounds like your sim has been cancelled, you only have a 6 month period to top it up and make one chargable call with most networks. If you have not topped it up or made a call in 11 months then its likely your sim has been cancelled. Check with your service provider. If it is cancelled they may resume it for you but I doubt it. I would say you would have to buy a new sim card. If you had credit on it thats probably gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

population wrote: »
    I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks

Its only deactivated, it hasn't been recycled yet. Ring the customer care of the network it is, and ask for the account to be reactivated.

Advertisement