Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely Parents!

• 27-06-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im blow in to Ennis, orginally a City Slicker! I have 2 year old daughter. I work fulltime but as great as the girls are they all are footloose and fancy free!
    Any parents out there in similar situation (friendless!) interesed in getting together once a week and taking kids out, letting them play and getting some adult converstion!

Mods if this post us not allowed apologies im new here

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Threads like this is what makes sites like boards great, I'm fine with this post and I hope you get to meet up with some people as a result of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hiya,
    im not much help to you so hopefully someone else will post.
    i dont know a group in ennis but i do know there are groups on,iykwim:rolleyes:... if you look on rollercoaster in the clare part theres loads of girls there who seem to meet... quin is meant to have a lovely group in the town hall if thats not too far from you, someone told me they have all ages. barneys and dennis's den would probably have notices up, anyway im waffling, wish i could be more help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

As a parent myself I know in Barney's amusement place (?) (Gort Rd) there are always groups of women with kids on Friday mornings, all seem to meet for a chat and a coffee while the kids run wild.
    Of course it takes courage to walk up and join in but it all looks very informal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Clareman wrote: »
    Threads like this is what makes sites like boards great, I'm fine with this post and I hope you get to meet up with some people as a result of it.

And Clare People :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

There is a toddlers group that meets a couple times a week next to the library. There is also a toddlers group that meets Tuesday mornings @ Barneys.

My son is three now, we take him to both when we can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement