Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize Bonds problem

Options
  • 27-06-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My wife has 1800 euro in prize bonds and she won 75 euro but there is a problem claiming the prize. Basically we are based full time in Italy, though I am home for a few weeks, and she received her winnings in the post to an old address we no longer lived at. As a result I just got the cheque last week and it is dated back to January. Also my wife has no bank account in Ireland and uses mine in Italy so she has nowhere to put it so to speak.

What I am wondering is can she just request that the winnings be added to her account or does she have to come over and claim it which would be dearer than it is worth? Or can it be signed over to me?

Have looked at the NTMA website and cannot find information on what to do under these circumstances.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They won't pay directly, only by cheque AFAIK. I doubt they'll pay out to anyone but the named bondholder.

So if she's no account of her own, her options are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Hi there,

I've won €75 a few times now and the first couple of times they sent a cheque, but then (if I remember rightly) they sent me a letter asking did I want any future winnings to be paid directly into bank account. I must have sent them my details because a subsequent win (€75 again) went straight into the bank.

Hope that's helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

You could always ask for it to be reinvested - help ireland as well as hoping to win more!

Advertisement