Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Minder Costs

• 27-06-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi there, just wondering what the going rate for a childminder would be in Cork, would be minding in her own home for around 5-6 hrs a day.

Is it very different to creche costs?

I should add that the baby is 6 months old I guess ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'm in Kilkenny & they seem to be on par if not slightly cheaper than creches/nursery's.
    I was paying €130 full time for my daughter, my work colleague pays the same for a minder in their own home.

That said & not sure if it affects the rate (would imagine it might!), the woman she uses is a retiree, she is not a registered & qualified childminder. HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi Karmella.
    I'm in Cork as well. When I was going back to work in Dec we looked around at all our options. From memory creches were 800-850 per month. Child minders varied from €36-€45 per day. I find with the childminders, it can vary dramatically on teh service and the price, so it really is a matter of interviewing as many as you can find.
    We decided to go with the childminder in the end, and are delighted with her!

Advertisement